Daily Race and car handling

  • Thread starter Thread starter kretsu
  • 15 comments
  • 1,125 views
Messages
14
Lithuania
Lithuania
Hello All,
maybe it is very stupid question and it's only my feeling but. I feel totally difference in car handling between qualification and race. During the race car handling is more "loose"? And this is not because of fuel and ties consumption.
Using Fanatec CSL Elite (in Logitech emulation mode).
 
Yes I did time trials with the McLaren 650S on Kyoto the other day and had no problems driving it, then joined a race (no tire/fuel) and the McLaren wouldn't stay straight that I started 2nd and ended last and quit the race, it was ridiculous.
 
Ah that's why I pass so many people in the dirt with good qualifying times :) I don't bother much with qualifying, just learn to drive the car on the track. Yet I always found it suspicious how easy it is to set a faster qualifying lap than my best lap time after a couple races.
 
how does the no fuel/tyre consumption feels? like a full tank?
 
Ah that's why I pass so many people in the dirt with good qualifying times :) I don't bother much with qualifying, just learn to drive the car on the track. Yet I always found it suspicious how easy it is to set a faster qualifying lap than my best lap time after a couple races.

I don't say that it's not playable, but it takes few corners to adopt to different handling.


how does the no fuel/tyre consumption feels? like a full tank?

I mean, that i feel the difference even in short races like 4 laps. When there are no impacts from tyres wearing.
 
Don't play much of the short races but I definitely feel the difference between qualy and the race in race c, I believe it has something to do with fuel consumption being turned on or off. PD sets the amount of fuel in liters when they turn on fuel consumption for the sport mode races, when fuel consumption is off the amount of fuel goes to the default value which is very low amount of fuel.
 
I can’t understand why fuel and tire wear isn’t on for practice in races that have those settings. It would be so easy to use the same settings for practice laps as the actual race uses. This would also make strategy a bit more intuitive.
 
Dragon Tail is my best track in the game, today Dragon Tail is set in the evening which is typically cooler temps and it definitely affects handling. Normally I can full throttle through the long sweeping S in the middle of the track but at night setting the car wants to go way wide full throttle, had to lift off a couple times for it not to go into the sand.
 
I find this also, when I've set a good time for qualifying (about 1-2 seconds off of the top ten leaderboard) I can never beat it in the race I'm normally a second off my qualifying time at best.
 
I find this also, when I've set a good time for qualifying (about 1-2 seconds off of the top ten leaderboard) I can never beat it in the race I'm normally a second off my qualifying time at best.

That makes sense when you're in traffic. You typically aren't sitting on the race line for long, and you're worried about more than just pure speed. I can get close to qualifying times only if I find myself alone on the track during a race, and even then I'm just a tad more careful than during a hot lap.
 
I find this also, when I've set a good time for qualifying (about 1-2 seconds off of the top ten leaderboard) I can never beat it in the race I'm normally a second off my qualifying time at best.
As it was said before, possible it's traffic. But what i found is that handling is different. But looks like it's not only my feeling. Would be nice to get PD response on that.
 
Depending on what type of qualy it is. On dailies it more of a psychologial thing than on FIA races. Less stress on a hot lap alone than on group 10 min qualy.
 
As it was said before, possible it's traffic. But what i found is that handling is different. But looks like it's not only my feeling. Would be nice to get PD response on that.
Yeah would be nice.
But it's nothing to do with traffic,
I set a 1.45.5 at dragon in the GR4 last week and in the race pushing hard with slipstream from another car the best I could do was a 1.46.6 and that was a good lap.
Normally my race pace is low 1.47
 
Meanwhile I constantly set laptimes faster than my qualifying lap in the races. I somehow even managed to set two FLs in yesterdays Gr.3 Dragon Trail lap :lol:
 
Meanwhile I constantly set laptimes faster than my qualifying lap in the races. I somehow even managed to set two FLs in yesterdays Gr.3 Dragon Trail lap :lol:
I use to set quicker times in race also but now I try to for a good qualifying time as I'm trying to get the pole trophy, I suppose if I set a 1.48 second qualifying time at dragon GR4 the other day then my race pace would have been quicker.
Anyways I'm nearly there I'm at,
58 poles, :D
49 fastest laps,:D
62 race wins,:D
411 races.:guilty:
 
I have definitely noticed this in the Ferrari. I wonder if some things like track temperature are turned off in time trial.
 
Back