Daily Race glitch: Qualifying time deleted?

• Thread starter Timlour
  • 22 comments
United States
Massachusetts
Timlour
I just tried a daily race at Suzuka for the first time in about a week. I set a time of around 2:02 in practice, but when matching completed for the race, I was sent to the back of the grid with no time. I think there were 8 other racers who didn't have a time, 4 of them commenting in the chat that they had set a time in practice. I ended up just quitting the race mid-way through because I wasn't in the mood to make my way through the field considering I should have started in 3rd. I've seen plenty of glitches in Sport Mode, but having your time pretty much invalidated despite no penalties is inexcusable. 👎 👎

Yesterday, qualifying times were getting registered, but were delayed before making it to the rankings... by the next round, your previous fastest time appeared. Wasn't there maintenance last night? I expected the maintenance to fix the delay.

Just happened to me right now, in the Golf one make at Kyoto. As a result had what is probably my most frustrating race to date!

I spent alot of time in the qualifying, got to around 1sec away from top 10 times, which probably would have landed me high, maybe even pole (I'm DR C / SR B). But no, I didn´t have any qualifying time once race started. Actually, only 3 out of 12 drivers had a qualifying time (and mine was close to a second faster than those laps), so seems to be a major problem at the moment.

Ok fine. I'm positioned at 9th place when the race starts. I start to work my way up the ladder. Got up to 6th place, then overshot a corner and dropped back to 8th place. On the last lap I get back up to 6th, overtaking 7th place in the second last corner after the guy went too wide. Last corner, that same guy torpedos into my left side (I had the line). I'm thrown to the railing and bounce back spinning on to the road, getting in the way of other drivers and get hit with a 10 sec penalty, finishing 10th as a result. Just great. Oh, also, my SR dropped, fortunately not down a letter, but I had the ugly red "B" after the race.

Not doing any more dailies today. I don't get that much time during the week to race, and I hate to have that time wasted.

/rant

Ah, I was certain I set a time, but upon entering the race at Suzuka it was not to be. Though I was deliberately sandbagging anyway, so being near the back wasn't a problem for me. Which was handy when cold tires, track limits and a lack of talent saw me spin at the end of the first corner and end up right at the back!

Only the top 4 had times set in all if my races tonight - for some reason mine was always one of the 4, but I don't know why I was exempt from the problem.......

I just tried a daily race at Suzuka for the first time in about a week. I set a time of around 2:02 in practice, but when matching completed for the race, I was sent to the back of the grid with no time. I think there were 8 other racers who didn't have a time, 4 of them commenting in the chat that they had set a time in practice. I ended up just quitting the race mid-way through because I wasn't in the mood to make my way through the field considering I should have started in 3rd. I've seen plenty of glitches in Sport Mode, but having your time pretty much invalidated despite no penalties is inexcusable. 👎 👎

Having the same issue! My qualifying lap times are not recorded? I’m not even going to bother racing, if i can not set my lap times!

It's not just online races.

I've just improved my time on mission 8-1 from a silver to gold,but my time in my friends rankings hasn't updated.

However on the mission select screen it's now showing a gold medal instead of silver. Seems the game knows I've improved my time but the servers don't.

Was doing some practice laps for the Nation Cup and same thing, my times are not saving. Too much stress on servers from opening up decal upload to the masses??

I have the same problem. Defiantly a bug . No racing until fixed 👎👎👎👎

It must be a server overload issue as it works fine during the off peak hours but as soon it gets busy this starts happening, happened for two nights in a row now but during the time in between it was working properly.

Well they originally said the community features and decal upload was left out at release because it caused server issues and the day they bring back those features we have a serious issue that effect competition. I think they need to take those things back out until they can work out how to set their servers up better.

Tried twice yesterday, no time registered, and from about 10 guys with no laptime, I was placed at the last in both races...
Is there any logic or rule that especifies your position between the cars without laptime???

Back