Daily Races BOP and Fixed Settings sucks!

United States
United States
Is it me or does anyone else find that the daily races suck having the settings on the car having to be fixed! Absolutely terrible and definitely drags down the fun factor. We should be able to tune our cars with in BOP specs. Geesh. Cant even lower my car to tweak the gearing or anything.

Join a league with open tuning. Then you can enjoy the game the way you want to. Official racing series like the fia events and daily races are always going to be bland, lowest common denominator stuff. I ran those for a few months when the game came out and then got back into leagues where the serious racing is happening.

Join a league with open tuning. Then you can enjoy the game the way you want to. Official racing series like the fia events and daily races are always going to be bland, lowest common denominator stuff. I ran those for a few months when the game came out and then got back into leagues where the serious racing is happening.

I’m sorry, but the FIA races are where you will find the best competition the game has to offer, Period.

Is it me or does anyone else find that the daily races suck having the settings on the car having to be fixed! Absolutely terrible and definitely drags down the fun factor. We should be able to tune our cars with in BOP specs. Geesh. Cant even lower my car to tweak the gearing or anything.

No tuning is kind of the point, it makes it a drivers race instead of a tuning race. Everybody else has to run with the same handicap so it shouldn't affect the fun at all, it's not like they can adjust their cars and you can not.

On one hand, I don't know anything about tuning, but on the other hand, permitting it could allow a wider diversity of cars in a given race, as players could compensate for a car's inherent disadvantages with tuning. For example, in a Gr.1 race, they could add downforce to a Group C car, or take some off if they were to use a modern LMP.

No thanks.

Nothing worse than so called tuning experts that aren't competitive without having some secret tuning advantage.

It's fine as it is, gives a level playing field and lets skill be the main determining factor.

I’m sorry, but the FIA races are where you will find the best competition the game has to offer, Period.
By serious he maybe meant no ******** penalties, no randos punting you, getting to know who you're racing with (although that already happens in the top 3 splits). I do FIA but leagues are and will always be better.

What's happening in eSports today, we see real world racers having to do just what we are doing, race identical cars and use their skill to compete.

Some of the Dailies are hit and miss. When we have the SF19 cars at Spa, it offers fun and exiting racing. The current Daily Race C, there are a couple of META cars being used, but some alternatives are giving good results as well. Same with the Race C. Players are using all six cars to their liking. Yes, the GT-R is a bit OP, but I've seen players using using all models(I use the RC F religiously).

Again, it's hit or miss. Gr.4 FF at Autopolis. Some use the Scirocco as it's well balanced. Some the TT for strong acceleration, the Megane for mid range and top end, the RC-Z for top end. N300 JDM race at Suzuka East Circuit.

There are nearly too many factors to determine player enjoyment in the Daily races:

- track & conditions
- is there a META for for those that just want to win and those that don't race often
- can players use their favorite car
- varying DR/SR levels in a room
- the usual suspects

We have gotten the odd tuning race, past MINI Mini Cooper S '65, RE Amemiya FD3S.

A lot of disappointment from players, are mainly due to PD's grouping of certain cars.

Agree that fixed settings sucks but allowing tuning adds another layer of complexity that 99% of players can’t handle. Fixed settings are sort of a necessary evil in GT.

Agree that fixed settings sucks but allowing tuning adds another layer of complexity that 99% of players can’t handle. Fixed settings are sort of a necessary evil in GT.

It would also allow people to nullify the tire/fuel settings in a lot of races, you could tune out the tire wear and have a super long top gear to keep RPMS down at speed. It would make it very hard to make tire/fuel settings for a race.

Last edited:
Back