Daily races help

• Thread starter MrMister
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Bit if a basic question maybe, but on daily races can you edit car to get better up to the certain limit?

Just I see cars even off the line zoom past me.

How do I go about getting my car better to at least try and match others for a fairer race?

When daily races change, do you then have to spend on tuning a car you have that qualifies again?

I thought online daily races were even matched, but there must be something going on, how do I know what to get to try and match the others.

Im a casual user and only use Dualsense so need all help I can get!

Last edited:
With the Daily race, seems like for this week the only limitation are power requirements and weight. I'd suggest reducing the weight of the car near the required minimum and max out all the tuning capabilities for everything else on your car in terms of parts.

@MrMister If your starting car is above the weight limit, you can reduce it even if that takes it below the weight requirement. You can then add a ballast and use that to increase the weight till it's bang on minimum requirement for race but would now be lower than the original stock, helping your speed. You can also position the ballast front or rear to help to reduce under or overseer too. Adding it to back will give you a bit more overseer and vice versa if you're having issues with either of them

Last edited:
I’ve been reducing weight as much as possible then adding the ballast to bring it up to the minimum weight and positioning it where needed to get as close to a 50/50 weight distribution. As for the acceleration with the power requirements you won’t see 200 mph so play with gearing to get better acceleration off the line while not redlining at the top end either.

I’ve been reducing weight as much as possible then adding the ballast to bring it up to the minimum weight and positioning it where needed to get as close to a 50/50 weight distribution. As for the acceleration with the power requirements you won’t see 200 mph so play with gearing to get better acceleration off the line while not redlining at the top end either.
I noticed my car was severly understeerring so placed the ballast towards the reer to help it swing out a bit and reduce the understeer

Last edited:
So all the cars are not the same then if reading above.

I blindly thought doing daily everything was equal, but maybe I need to look further into it and use the above hints.

All cars can be upgraded so long as once the upgrads are fitted the car conform to the race limits. The cars can also be tuned for handling but that personal to a drivers style. For instance, how I dial out understeer may not work for someone else.

This is normal for real life racing to so long as the car adhears to the parameters of the race. All fair game.

One further tip, learn to drive without traction control and stability control because your competition will be. These computer assists will slow the car down and lose you time. Try to dial abs down too or switch off completely but start turning it down as with off it takes a lot of practice.

Last edited:
The new GTR and F8 Tributo as well as most porsches are some that benefit from as close as possible to a 50:50 distribution and prevents them from snap oversteering but as mentioned other cars may need different tuning.

All cars can be upgraded so long as once the upgrads are fitted the car conform to the race limits. The cars can also be tuned for handling but that personal to a drivers style. For instance, how I dial out understeer may not work for someone else.

This is normal for real life racing to so long as the car adhears to the parameters of the race. All fair game.

One further tip, learn to drive without traction control and stability control because your competition will be. These computer assists will slow the car down and lose you time. Try to dial abs down too or switch off completely but start turning it down as with off it takes a lot of practice.

With the Daily race, seems like for this week the only limitation are power requirements and weight. I'd suggest reducing the weight of the car near the required minimum and max out all the tuning capabilities for everything else on your car in terms of parts.

Hey, bud. I'm currently doing daily race A with the GTO twin turbo '91, and i can't seem to be able to change anything. Am i missing something? I am very new to GT7. I've purchased the parts in the tuning shop but can't seem to use anything. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
daily race A with the GTO twin turbo '91, and i can't seem to be able to change anything
Settings are disabled and BOP is turned on, so no, you cannot change anything.

The first races, over a month back and referred to in these month-old posts, did not have those restrictions.

Back