Daily Races with Friends?

• Thread starter Cmyskill
  • 5 comments
United States
United States
I would love to be able to play GT 7 (or GT SPORT) Daily races with my friends in the same daily races. I will be in a chat with 4 friends and we are all playing together in COD and chatting. When I ask them to play GT Sport they all say no because they can not be in the same race together. In real racing you have teams that work together as they have the same sponsor. Just my thoughts... I love this game.

PS: it really does not matter if we are playing with people that are better or worse just as long as we all get to play in the same race.... food for thought.....

That is what lobbies are for. Sport mode is ranked matchmaking, it'd be open to all sorts of manipulation if you could enter races with friends.

Definitely not hard to imagine what teams would do versus each other and against a player not affiliated with any team.

Definitely not hard to imagine what teams would do versus each other and against a player not affiliated with any team.

You mean like in REAL racing.... Every type of racing format has multi team cars that race and yes there is a benefit to it but for me it is more on the lines of racing with friends more so than teaming up against others. Maybe you could check an option to allow my friends to race against other teams.

We have about 5 guys that enter the daily races at the same time and about 60 to 70 percent of the time we are matched with 2 or more together. While the others are racing by themselves.

Last edited:
You mean like in REAL racing.... Every type of racing format has multi team cars that race and yes there is a benefit to it but for me it is more on the lines of racing with friends more so than teaming up against others. Maybe you could check an option to allow my friends to race against other teams.

We have about 5 guys that enter the daily races at the same time and about 60 to 70 percent of the time we are matched with 2 or more together. While the others are racing by themselves.
I've been matched with same players for multiple races in one day. I'm saying, even if you could tell your friends to enter Race B at 11:30Am right now(in Oceania), how does the matchmaking work for that? Your 6 man crew join the 16 player Race B. Another 6 man crew from another team are able to join. Then, there may be(which happens many times) some non-race team memebers. No matter how good and respectful your team is, there is potential for there to be "manipulation" as mentioned in the above post. It's about the good intentions and all.

I'm sure noone are against racing with friends all the time. Exactly what the Lobby(mentioned above) are for.
I've entered FIA races and there'd be about six players all from a team. Some good and bad results due to those teams running nose to tail while some of the slower team members are causing others a bit of grief.

Would this be first come first serve to a Daily room? Don't know how the match-making works, if all team members are near the same DR points and say two team members didn't get matched.

You mean like in REAL racing....

Yes but real racing has consequences and teams are made up of professional racing drivers who are, for the most part, clean and fair racing drivers.

Not saying you personally would, but allowing teams in a video game is just open to griefing from unscrupulous players who have no issue ramming non-team mates off the track and literally "taking one for the team", or other manipulative racing that you wouldn't get in real life unless you want a ban pretty quickly.

Like I say, just use open lobbies if you want to race with friends. That's what they're for.

Back