Daily workout, free cars and pre-order bonus in-game credits?

• Thread starter Archicadet
  • 7 comments
Australia
Australia
Does anyone know how any of these three aspects of GT7 will work?

I ask because I want to earn my progression by buying my cars with the money I have earned through racing and not through daily workouts or pre-order bonuses.

I understand that you earn and unlock cars as you gain achievements (for example all gold trophies in B class license) but I don’t want to be gifted a car for simply driving a set amount of miles.

Are pre-order bonus credits automatically credited to your save file or are they a code you can enter if you want to?

If it's anything like GTS, you will be able to "delete" cars given for the Daily Workout reward. Or, you could, y'know, just not use bonus cars?
Thanks for the sarcasm, it’s really adding to the discussion at hand.

I may just need to delete cars if this is the case. I pre-ordered digitally, so no physical code will be available and I’m hoping the credits aren’t just applied to your profile.

With a digital preorder, it may be quite difficult to avoid downloading the extra credits, it'll almost likely be a tiny DLC file, marked as "owned", that'll auto-install when you install the game.
If you're lucky, the preorder will, like some season passes, mark you as 'entitled' to the DLC, leaving it as a free item to 'purchase' later if you don't want to start with it.
Otherwise, if the game doesn't have some sort of "put my Cr. in a bank so I can pretend I'm poor again" feature, you may just have to make a mental note of 1,100,000=0.
I know, being poor and struggling to save 20,000 is the best part of the game for a lot of people, lots of nostalgia for when we started GT 1-4, many of us as children, and got stuck in the early-game for a long time, back when it was difficult.

With a digital preorder, it may be quite difficult to avoid downloading the extra credits, it'll almost likely be a tiny DLC file, marked as "owned", that'll auto-install when you install the game.
If you're lucky, the preorder will, like some season passes, mark you as 'entitled' to the DLC, leaving it as a free item to 'purchase' later if you don't want to start with it.
Otherwise, if the game doesn't have some sort of "put my Cr. in a bank so I can pretend I'm poor again" feature, you may just have to make a mental note of 1,100,000=0.
I know, being poor and struggling to save 20,000 is the best part of the game for a lot of people, lots of nostalgia for when we started GT 1-4, many of us as children, and got stuck in the early-game for a long time, back when it was difficult.
Thanks mate. Yeah I’ve been playing since the original from the 90’s and I do love the grind and it’s clear we aren’t alone 😂

I could possibly just buy a car worth 100k and delete it. As for daily car gifts I may just have to delete those too.

When I complete the car collection I want to know that it was all hard earned.

I am wondering this also. Im not going to preorder but will pick it up day one, just the standard edition as I don't feel any of the extras are worth the pre order or money for the deluxe.

I'm hoping there won't be any daily cars in this version. It made sense for the type of game gt sport was, but don't feel they will belong in this style of GT

Back