Ok befor u read this i have to let u know that i got my ps2 2 weeks ago (whit Gt3 duh) and not later then yesterday i was a 40.4% whit tons o great cars (Zexel Skyline/Penzoil Skyline/Camaro Race car/vertigo race car/ Dtm race car/ astra (or axtra) race car/ the 2 mitshubishi rally cars and the ford focus rally car and tons of none race modified cars (including my Skyline Vspec 2 at 1054 hp (!!!) and this morning my noob brother (he's 9 im 15) save over my game ( )
Three words: memory card redundency. One is pretty reliable, but accidents will happen. Two is nearly foolproof. Three is bordering on paranoia, but the chances of losing a game are less than the chances of winning the lotto while getting struck by lightning. Plus...I never have more than one in at the same time to protect against a power surge and I never save on all three at one sitting to protect against repeated saves of corrupted files or anything like that. There are still ways I could lose my game though. I might get a fire-proof safe or something.
edit: I also need a shark port so I can put my save on my hard drive, and a disk, and a CD, and the web.
Well i restarted it now... Hey i played for like 3 hours and i have my (almost) fully modified Nissan Skyline Gtr R-34 Vspec 2 (god thats a long name) whit 1072 Hp!!!!