Dark Comedies!

  • Thread starter Thread starter V1P3R
  • 9 comments
  • 819 views

V1P3R

(Banned)
Messages
6,310
Dexter is on Showtime for the blood and gore but besides that it's a great show that's outside the box of most shows right now imo.

đź’ˇ Can't really show video. So here's a pic!
url


Dead Like Me was only on the air for 2 seasons but it's still worth watching.



Weeds is like it says about weed. Great comedy in a world where you can get in a lot of trouble.



Man I love dark comedies. :lol:

Got any recommendations?
 
Dexter is the best TV show since Gilligan's Island and Black Sheep Squadron. I absolutely love it. However, I'm getting a little sick of some of the characters, and the show's second season, although very good, doesn't equal the fantastic first season. The writing is not as intelligent as the first season, but it's still very good.
 
I was catching up on the first season and recently happen to catch an episode of the current season. I missed a lot, but it seem it isn't as intelligent. I think part of it is that Dexter seems to be growing a personality and acting more like typical person. :lol:

Some of the characters are a bit irritating, I'd say James is by far the most. C.S. Lee (asian balled guy) is hilarious. :lol:
 
I love all those shows you just listed, I loved dead like me the most. It had a great interesting yet unique story and I the characters were so suited for their roles. Man, I really miss that show.
 
Yeah, sucks because I'm left hangin too. I hear there's gonna be a movie though? :odd:

Ya, the last episode was awesome, halloween and Georgia's sister recognized her at the graveyard, the show had to end when it just started to get very interesting.
Also what I find disappointing with the upcoming movie is that two of the original main characters won't be there. It's not gonna be the same, the cast was great together and now replacing two of the main characters will drastically change the movie for me. The character who played Daisy will now be someone else, which is horrible. Laura Harris was perfect for that role! Rube will be a different person as well, which is also going to be disappointing, Mandy Patinkin made that character. I highly doubt they can get someone to who can truly play Rube except Patinkin.
 
I wonder what the movie will be? I'm thinking something like Serenity vs Firefly? One big epic episode?
 
'Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb' is a very good dark comedy.
 
Cool, I'll have to check em out. 👍

edit: just realized that's one show. What is it with you blokes and long titles? :lol:
 
It's actually a film, not a show. And one of the most critically acclaimed comedy's in history at that.
 
Back