Darth Vader's Truck and SUV ClubOpen 

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 69 comments

Are you a rebel spy, or a sinister agent part of the empire?

• Total voters
Sweden
Sweden
Club ID: 1001609
welcome_zps1f582366.jpg~original

planetproject1_zps84e8988e.jpg~original

cedricdiggory_zpse4cc37fc.jpg~original

D.V.T.A.S.C. stands for Darth Vader's Trucks And SUV Cars.

Darth Vader is determined to control the motorsport world as we know it,
both in real life and in the virtual community.
He has already conquered Willow Springs and set up a base there with a state-of-the-art HQ.
With the help of a specially built pick-up truck designed for time travel he travelled back and forth
through the continuum and recruited soldiers from both the fictional world and our real life.

A few years ago Darth seized control over Jeff Gordon's life and career during an event at Daytona, making sure Gordon joined with the dark side of the force.

nascardarth_zps63e63c0e.jpg~original

Around the same time he also acquired the rights to the Red Bull brand and immediately took over operations at Monaco as Team Principal of the Red Bull Formula 1 team.

f1darth2_zpse065407e.jpg~original

There were some rebel mechanics who resisted but as we all know,
resistance against the dark side is futile.

f1darth3_zps657d70ed.jpg~original

f1darth_zps2bc04cd6.jpg~original

Having Formula 1 and NASCAR now as his obedient servants, last fall Darth travelled to China and Macau,
to assume the role as the new leader of the People's Republic of China.

macau3_zpsec6b447f.png~original

macau2_zpsb0af2541.png~original

macau1_zps4fa142f2.png~original

So as you can see Darth is now well on his way to assume command over all race tracks across the entire globe and pretty much every continent.
Rumors have begun to fly around that Darth has been seen in Japan, Australia and Brazil too.
It is only a matter of time before he controls our entire planet.

vadersworld_zps7a984404.jpg~original

He has also begun to place Stormtroopers in the pits of all major racing events.

crew.jpg

Vader is his own man by he is still taking orders from the Emperor (yes the Emperor survived the fall).

ram1500_zpsbda05bf1.jpg~original

Every now and then we must try and stop Vader's progress by racing at the worlds circuits with our Trucks and SUV's and show the Empire that there is still some resistance left.

Here are the cars available in the game;

darthwhiteboard2_zps7808c79f.jpg~original

and I can't make my mind up on these two..

SUVS_zpsdb6d5cbf.jpg~original

Ideas for the Club

* Turnaround races

* Pre-set PP races
* H2H races (choice of either two different Trucks or two different SUV's or variations)
* Quick one-evening championships
* Races on all kinds of tracks, surfaces and weather elements
(like dirt, rain, snow, day, night)

There is one special thing I'd like us to do using the El Camino. :mischievous:

@IfAndOr risked his own life to take this photograph of Vader and Vader's loyal troops preparing for battle.
crew3.jpg

ps. This Club will be merged in the Community with the Z8 Club. It's a lot simpler to set up events there and I'm quite sure the Z8 would enjoy some lovely company from the Trucks and SUV's anyway.

Damn Jocke You put A LOT of work in to this!! :bowdown:
Just for the record I want to give ALL credits to JOCKE!! Even tough I Posted the video believe it or not Jocke is the one that created the video. He send me the short clips, The music, The Poster, sketches and the Darth Vader Voice!!

He told me his Ideas and How he would picture the video, How to Start the Video, What to add and remove and How the video should look like!!

All I did was put his work together and bring it to LIFE!

So once again I give BIG PROPS to you Jocke my friend, For creating this Club with so much Passion :bowdown:

What Manny forgot to mention up there is that this wouldn't have happened without him. I might have tried it solo but it wouldn't have been anywhere near what it became.
I knew that with Manny's editing and video skills it would be a fun little project to collaborate on and Manny was onboard with the idea and has helped out along the way with
encouragement, pointers and suggestions.
It was great fun, Manny. 👍

If you guys visit Manny's Youtube channel you will find 156 equally great videos.
https://www.youtube.com/user/cApricornZ602

Now that we're finished with the polite expressions of praise and admiration here is someone who would never think of complimenting anyone,
someone who's soul crossed over to the dark side a long time ago;

Damn Jocke You put A LOT of work in to this!!
I don't think he sleeps. :boggled:

and the Darth Vader Voice!!
No, that's Jocke's normal voice ;)

Anyway great stuff, both of you. Interesting to see where it goes!

I know it's not a truck/SUV etc. But this commercial always made me smile...

Mini Vader

Oh and I've found the car Vader drives - when not in his truck of course...

Vader Car

Maybe if/when we race the Mini Cooper S-C @FergusMik could jump in with his '98er. If we can manage to balance the specs so that the two cars become
somewhat equal.

Anyway, here is the updated Club online;

newclub_zps6b912312.jpg~original

CocirctedAzur_34_zpseaffd7cb.jpg~original
You could try, but I've found the '98 gets pretty much creamed by anything else at the same specs. I'm interested in trying the Mini Countryman, I haven't even bought one yet. 💡

The idea for this Club came to me because there is a black RAM 1500 parked on my street every day and I walk past it several times a week.
It certainly looks impressive. So I wanted to dedicate a section of the GT6 community to give tribute to the really BIG cars, namely the trucks and SUV's.
So that's how it started. And being a science fiction-fan/nerd helped too. :dopey:

For the Club's first event I'd like to focus on just one car. Vader's own personal choice and go-to car in any and all situations.
The RAM 1500.

Vader is in his hot air balloon and ready to go.
80days_zpse25d1ddc.jpg~original

80days2_zps272fb8e9.jpg~original

vaderpoints_zpsd597cabc.jpg~original

My entry (what's yours?).

myentry_zps32e9f509.jpg~original

Are you coming along to Chamonix East?
Darth Vader and his Snowtroopers are already there waiting..

DarthVaderandSnowtroopers_zpsc32ef225.jpg~original

Maybe some time we can all race the El Camino. I played around and made my first tune here for this car/truck.
If we should do it it will probably be at 500PP / SS.

One last thing (lol), in the poster at the top I have hidden Kazunori 'Kaz' Yamauchi, the CEO of Polyphony Digital and producer of the Gran Turismo series.
Can you find him? :lol:

The RAM 1500 races are set for 8pm GMT this coming Tuesday (Feb. 10th), #13.

The following event will be on Tuesday, Feb 24th;

3crazyraces_zps8b3aaf93.jpg~original

Race #1 will be at Spa-Francorchamps and you can bring any SUV to the race.

Race #2 is set for Daytona (the oval) and you can pick any truck for the race.

Race #3 :lol: will be a turnaround race at Monaco using the midget cars.
The turnarounds must be made at the final corner right next to the yellow arrows
and please don't do what I did during testing, namely rolling over to the side and laying
there helpless on the track.

Edit;

All three races will have a qualifying session and to make it interesting there
will be points awarded.

Points Scoring System

Pole Position 3 points
Fastest Lap 1 point

1st 50 points
2nd 40 points
3rd 32 points
4th 26 points
5th 22 points
6th 20 points
7th 18 points
8th 16 points
9th 14 points
10th 12 points
11th 10 points
12th 8 points
13th 6 points
14th 4 points
15th 2 points
16th 1 point

Last edited:
Sorry I missed the inaugural event Jocke.

Going to bed late the night before caused me to be tired the next day. Which caused me to fall asleep in the afternoon. Which caused me to start making the dinner late. Which caused me to be late eating said dinner. Which caused me to be late washing up etc. Which... caused me to miss the races. ;)

Hopefully next time.

Keep on trucking. 👍

look forward to joining you guys on future Tuesdays
Maybe you'd like to join next Tuesday, same time. 👍 with a BMW Z8.

And the Tuesday after that. With SUV's and Trucks.
We will be doing a "turnaround race" on the 24th, and you can see how that works on @MannYhAvitZ 's Youtube channel.
Hopefully next time
That's a lot of causes leading to new causes. :dopey: Made me think of this;

The RAM 1500 mini-championship results;
watch out for the RAM boys in the pits..
1500results_zpsb281f92d.jpg~original

Dusty has clearly crossed over to the dark side of the force..

Back