Data corrupted, is that it, gone for good?

• Thread starter redhed17
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
The Pool Of Life.
I was editing a livery earlier, went and downloaded a logo, when I came back to use the logo in the livery editor, the game froze. After a couple of minutes of no buttons having any affect, I exited GT Sport. When I reloaded the game, it said that it couldn't load the data because it was corrupted. :eek: It asked to delete or reload, so I reloaded a few times but got the same message. I restarted the PS4, and the same message, so I deleted the data. :eek:

When it started the game again, the car I was working on was still chosen. When I went into the Livery Editor, the option to open the 'Open Design' was greyed out, and the about 600 designs that were there before were gone. :eek: I chose a new design and the design that seemed active with the decals on, opened with no decals. :(

I went into the garage, and all the 500 or so cars were there, though the thumbnails were not initially showing, but slowly started appearing, and appearing with the designs on them. I waited for all the thumbnails to load, just in case that would restore my liveries, but no. :(

Have all my liveries, cars, suits and helmets gone for good? :boggled: :(

Btw, apparently 200Mb of data corrupted when I have 800+Gb free on my PS4. :irked:

Pretty sure that's all saved online and will eventually catch back up, but not 100%.
Fingers crossed, but I have a nasty suspicion that may be for only those with a PSN subscription, which I have not. :(

I thought with the thumbnails reappearing, and showing the designs, there may be a way for the data to have not gone forever and be retrievable. :nervous:

Free space means nothing when the save file gets corrupted.
If the data was saved on the PS4, firstly there may not be a limit of hundreds of Mb's, but it may also be able to have been backed up onto something else. I understand some of the reasons they don't allow it, as it may be open to abuse by a few people, but when you potentially lose years of work :banghead: it doesn't make that much sense. :confused:

I was editing a livery earlier, went and downloaded a logo, when I came back to use the logo in the livery editor, the game froze. After a couple of minutes of no buttons having any affect, I exited GT Sport. When I reloaded the game, it said that it couldn't load the data because it was corrupted. :eek: It asked to delete or reload, so I reloaded a few times but got the same message. I restarted the PS4, and the same message, so I deleted the data. :eek:

When it started the game again, the car I was working on was still chosen. When I went into the Livery Editor, the option to open the 'Open Design' was greyed out, and the about 600 designs that were there before were gone. :eek: I chose a new design and the design that seemed active with the decals on, opened with no decals. :(

I went into the garage, and all the 500 or so cars were there, though the thumbnails were not initially showing, but slowly started appearing, and appearing with the designs on them. I waited for all the thumbnails to load, just in case that would restore my liveries, but no. :(

Have all my liveries, cars, suits and helmets gone for good? :boggled: :(

Btw, apparently 200Mb of data corrupted when I have 800+Gb free on my PS4. :irked:

I too have lost the ability to edit over 400+ liveries through a game crash too. I can add them to vehicles still or share them but they can now never be edited as there are 0 showing in the edit livery page now.

So it seems all my data has gone. :( So many designs gone, I think it was around 600 car livery's along with a few helmet and suit Liveries too. Some I was really proud of too. :ill: The helmets and suits will be easy to replicate, but not a lot of the cars.

The only plus side is that a lot of decals, which thankfully all remained as favourites, were no longer needed for older designs, so I was able to cull a load of decals which I know I won't need again. Silver lining's eh! :rolleyes: :lol:

On any game where the save file corrupts I immediately back out and manually restore the save file from the cloud. The worst thing you can do is to ignore the corruption, login to the game, and then overwrite your cloud state with the newer save.

Back