Data logger usage, saving replay etc

  • Thread starter Thread starter FSportIS
  • 4 comments
  • 1,159 views
Messages
525
United States
United States
Hi, I have couple questions.

1. How do you use the data logger to compare your performance directly with someone else on the same track? What I want to get out is to see how earlier another car accelerate and when/how they brake. A small tutorial or a video is really appreciated.

2. On many seasonal events, i can watch the top 10 by clicking on their replay to watch. After saving their replays, assuming the events have been over, where can I re-watch their replays?
 
Hi, I have couple questions.

1. How do you use the data logger to compare your performance directly with someone else on the same track? What I want to get out is to see how earlier another car accelerate and when/how they brake. A small tutorial or a video is really appreciated.

2. On many seasonal events, i can watch the top 10 by clicking on their replay to watch. After saving their replays, assuming the events have been over, where can I re-watch their replays?

I'll answer the two at the same time:

As you already provided an example of best laps from top 10 drivers in a seasonal TT I'll use that for my example.

Firstly, you do a lap, save the Best Lap Replay (it won't work with a normal replay) then you can open this in the Data Logger.

Secondly, download and save a lap of a top 10 driver - I'm assuming the lap you download is a Best Lap Replay but I've not done it before so I don't know. Do step 1 and then load this replay in the second slot - then adjust the menus to see throttle and brake input for each.

And thirdly once a top 10 lap has been downloaded and saved you can view them in the Gallery section.
 
Pick a seasonal, run it and save your best lap. Go to the on-line rankings, scroll up to the top ten and pick one who uses settings like you do, save that best lap. Go to data logger load yours, load theirs,voila. Rest will occur to you the more you play with it. Seriously!
 
Pick a seasonal, run it and save your best lap. Go to the on-line rankings, scroll up to the top ten and pick one who uses settings like you do, save that best lap. Go to data logger load yours, load theirs,voila. Rest will occur to you the more you play with it. Seriously!

for a lot of people tht won't work if you can only use the top ten
 
you can certainly use your previous best laps to help hone progression. And share between friends best laps for the same kinds of evaluation.
 
Back