Data Transfers?

• Thread starter Com Fox
  • 20 comments

Do you want to transfer GT5 data to GT6.

• Total voters
Australia
Central Coast, NSW
EelX 5
Would you like to transfer GT5 data into GT6.

My opinion: Yes, I already got the cars and I want to drive them in GT6 without repeating the big cash events, over and over and over and over and I don't want to grind my 🤬 off for Level 40 again.

No.

I want to start from scratch. New game, new save. ;)

And as Cosbuster mentioned, working your way up from a rubbish car is always alot more fun than having it all in your garage from day 1. At least for me.

Hopefully, there won't be any level system, and the credit and progression system will be balanced, much better than GT5.
Then it doesn't much matter.
Thats what I want.

Otherwise, if there is a choice to transfer or not, you can pick whichever one you want.

I want to start from scratch. I mean, what's the point of Gran Turismo when you don't start with a god damn slow car? Level system should be removed, that was annoying in Gt5.

But I have to say, importing a few cars from Gt5 to Gt6 would be okay if they are available in Arcade mode only.

Transfer money, cars and level NO.
However, I would like transfer from GT5 to GT6, my courses from course maker, paints and the suits and helmets.

No. All I had to say about this, has already been said by Cosbuster, Phoenix and psychoazubi. Plus, I second psychoazub on the removal of the level system.

I'll wouldn't mind no transfer, if the events will be as fun as GT4 was (The event list was amazing and were fun to do) and not much grinding involved.

Last edited:
That is just Garage though.
This is the whole lot.

...but if it still violates AUP, I apologize for making this thread.
Not the AUP, it's an unwritten universal forum rule people should be aware of.

I would enjoy seeing the same option as GT3 -> GT4 where you get a 100,000 cr. moved over only.

Even then.. that was excessive.

Hopefully, there won't be any level system, and the credit and progression system will be balanced, much better than GT5.
Then it doesn't much matter.
Thats what I want.

Otherwise, if there is a choice to transfer or not, you can pick whichever one you want.

No.

I want to start from scratch. New game, new save. ;)

And as Cosbuster mentioned, working your way up from a rubbish car is always alot more fun than having it all in your garage from day 1. At least for me.

I agree with both. What has defined the GT mode gameplay is buying a used JDM crapbox and grinding your way to an LMP car or a Escudo. Thing is, GT5 took the grinding to ridiculously stupid levels with the unbalanced rewards and the daft level system. Remove the levels and xp, make licenses mandatory, balance the price money and allow us to get prize cars more than once (and sell them instead of removing them!), there, fixed. No need for data transfers with a properly balanced GT mode.

It's a common sense addition at this point. There if you want it, back out if you don't. Leaving it out is only harming the game.

They should include it for you to have a choice if you want it it's there for you to use it, if you don't want to then don't.

The whole "level system" seems like an unusual artifical barrier to higher-tiered events.

While I'm fine with some events being either blocked or otherwise hidden until the relevant license is earned, the level system felt a bit contrived.

As far as any cars or credits transfer, or some other bonus: while I'd appreciate the running start, I won't be particularly fussed if it's not put in.

Regarding car and credits, I honestly don't care since surely it's going to be optional and personally I won't use it. When it comes to level, honestly I wish PD got rid of that. The License-based progress was better.

And if PD insists, why not leave the leveling system just for cars and the Licenses for events? Although that might complicate the prize cars. Unless prize cars were given at random depending on your level.

...and I voted "Yes" by mistake, by the way.

Last edited:
Regarding car and credits, I honestly don't care since surely it's going to be optional and personally I won't use it. When it comes to level, honestly I wish PD got rid of that. The License-based progress was better.

And if PD insists, why not leave the leveling system just for cars and the Licenses for events? Although that might complicate the prize cars. Unless prize cars were given at random depending on your level.

...and I voted "Yes" by mistake, by the way.

I personally reckon the level system should be dropped all together

I didn't mind it at first because I didn't really like lisences much but when I was in my 30's I hated the level system even more then the lisence system.

I voted no, who buys a game to start at the end? How does that make sense? If they did have all cars transferred over, they should keep it limited use to Arcade mode and Online - NOT for career mode! Those transferring (hypothetical) level points etc. are the ones that are going to complain that the game got boring too quick.

I REALLY hope they got rid of the need to grind, adding more events and what not. There should never (in any game) be a need to transfer over level points.

Latest Posts

Back