David and goliath trophy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dagger311
  • 12 comments
  • 1,344 views
Messages
6,658
United States
Marietta, GA
Messages
Dagger31198
Any advice? I got it handed to me on ssrx in like the wind.
 
Various ways to get this as i'm sure you're about to find out :p. I used the Corvette Stingray Racer Concept (prize car) in the Nat-B Classic Sportscar Series (at Silverstone to be specific). No tuning or parts. It's a little bit of a handful at first but once you get used to it it's very predictable and easy to manage. Whatever you go with, Good luck.
 
I forget which 650pp race it was but I used the FTO race car still won by a mile.
 
Okay guys, I got it. Story time, sit down, crack open a beer (If you're legally able to, of course), get some popcorn, grab a seat, whatever.

The car of choice, a Praiano-tuned RE Amemiya, 550pp RX7 GT300 Base Model '06.great work on the tune, you have to be good at tuning to let a driver like me beat cars (even with the knucklehead AI) 100pp higher. :lol:

The track was Mount Panorama in the IB GT all-stars Championship.

I was doing awesome, flying through the corners, I even wrecked on the second lap, and had the lead by lap three. Some of the things I passed were Veyrons, a Pagani (I think Huayra), an FXX (Second place).

Okay, lap three went without a problem, some smart blocking and late braking kept me in the lead. Lap 4 also went well, until the AI attempted a bonehead passing manuever on the back stretch, causing me to take a bad line and hit the grass. Again, thanks to Praianos tune, I took the lap on the downward spiral, where the Ferrari sucked.

More blocking on the back straight, and the FXX rode bumper to bumper with me past the finish line.
 
Last edited:
Well done 👍. I'm not surprised you did it with the GT300 RX-7. That thing is a beast (and one of my favourite cars).
 
Well done 👍. I'm not surprised you did it with the GT300 RX-7. That thing is a beast (and one of my favourite cars).
I love it, gave it a nice blue paint job and shiny wheels as thanks :lol:.

It really was a breeze if I could keep from crashing. The Fxx just got killed in the corners, and If you can risk blocking on the straights, is an easy win. Probably the most fun I've had with the AI. He was on my tail the whole time after I passed. I won by 1/100th of a second.
 
I got it using an FF Golf V '05 (can't remember which) on the IB Tuned Car Festival - 650pp/SS limit. The first race is Apricot Hill and the AI are just hopeless through the Esses section :lol:.

I stoked the Golf to around 520pp I think (maybe a bit more) 490pp, and made a guesstimate tune. Shod with Sports Soft it just stuck to the road and the top speed was plenty more than the tuner AI. I was really impressed with the Golf, and I had to check if SRF was on.

EDIT: The correct Golf and setup amended

The car is 490pp, 349 BHP and 1270 Kg.
 
Last edited:
Easiest quickest way, is to grab a diablo GT, pump it to 650, and hit like the wind race 3.

Might do it first run, but if you don't, you will the second after you see what to do. Pretty easy :)

Don't even really need to tune it too much. The track isn't demanding, a simple LSD of 7/7/7 will cover you. Low front, low but slightly higher rear. Medium springs both. 5/5 5/5 5/5 with no camber. Juice up the transmission so you don't red/max until 305mph. Throw on some nitro at about 20%. Use the nitro on the corners only, the whole corner 50%/50%.

If you haven't broken 300mph yet, you'll get that trophy as well in the same race.
 
I got it with a standard Zonda R on Like The Wind Race 1
 
Like the Wind with a Veyron was a breeze, got the trophy on my 1st attempt.

There was a thread with a tune for it, I can't remember, but IIRC, it was just a computer upgrade.
 
I got mine doing one of the super car races in Circuit de la Sarthe.

Just drive around chicanes by going through the sand pits on the Mulsanne Straight and cut the Ford chicanes before the finish line.
 
Easiest is historic using a -100PP 2J, I still almost lapped second place
 
Tuned car festival races are by far the easiest to get this trophy it's a 650 limit and you can easily win with 200pp deficit at cape ring.
 
Back