Day/night rythme of the 24 hours..

  • Thread starter Thread starter TehHO
  • 7 comments
  • 1,056 views
Messages
110
Messages
TehHO
I'm finally into my summer vacation, so I decided to try my luck with the 24 hour races. I thought it would be cool to drive the race, simontainsly with the real day/night rythme.. So my question is how is the day/night rythme in these races?

It is like (day-night-day, hours): 8-8-8, 10-8-6 or what is it like?
I know theres twilight, sunset, sunrise and all that..


Thanks,
TehHO

Edit: Also, I heard people talking about A-spec points, what is this :-D?
 
Last edited:
Eh, shamefull bump..

Anyone?!
 
That post quite literally made no sense. But I think you're asking what time the races start and end....?

I know that the 24Hr of Nurburgring start at 3 PM, go into the night end at 3 PM the following day.

Btw, it's "simultaneously"
 
I started the 24hr Nurburgring race in a driving rain that never let up and 7hrs in I had to pull out because I'd managed to disable my highbeams sometime earlier while moding my DS3 and it was now pitch black and actually wouldn't have made it that far without the lights from trackside campers!.lol...I had an almost 3 lap lead but couldn't see more than 30ft in front of me...I can't really say but I would guess that the race probably started around 2pm...I don't know,as well whether it was summer(more daylight?) or winter(some have reported seeing snow at altitude).
It bites that I had to bail but I sure had a blast doing it...I managed to do the 24hr 5 times in GT4 but it was always noon for those!...:sly:
 
It's one hour = one hour, and the daylight transition is dynamic so there won't be 8 hours of day followed by 8 hours of night, but rather a few hours of mid day, a few hours afternoon, a few hours late afternoon, a few hours evening, a few hours sunset, a few hours twilight time, a few hours early night, a few hours midnight etc etc...

But what you're asking is what time it starts and I don't really know, but I guess 15.00 is a good assumption.

How the day/night synchronises with the real world depends on where you live. I live in the north of Sweden and the summer nights here never gets dark...
 
Rit
I don't know,as well whether it was summer(more daylight?) or winter(some have reported seeing snow at altitude).

Im sorry you had to bail. But it was something like that with the summer/winter time..

And im not stupid, i know the race doesnt change from night to day in a second, after a few hours..

Edit: and @earn0004, thanks for pointing out that 1 hour in game = 1 hour in real life.. Really.. -.-

Earn0004
But what you're asking is what time it starts and I don't really know, but I guess 15.00 is a good assumption.
Well that is a part of what Im asking.. If i were to drive this race in The mid-december (or something like that), and the race runs like summer-time, that means it would most likely be dark outside my window, while light in the game... Does that make sence?
 
Last edited:
Pretty sure I know what you are asking...so yeah we be stupid :yuck:. Not done the 24's yet; but have done the day night cycles in the online races. It appears night fall is 8pm and sunrise at 6am.
 
FishHunters
Pretty sure I know what you are asking...so yeah we be stupid :yuck:. Not done the 24's yet; but have done the day night cycles in the online races. It appears night fall is 8pm and sunrise at 6am.

So if that is so, and the race starts at 3pm.. That be (roughly) a day/Night rythme like: 5-10-9 (hours).. Right? Thanks!!
 
Back