Day Zero: The Future Starts Here

  • Thread starter Thread starter VXR
  • 22 comments
  • 2,266 views

VXR

Messages
11,591
United Kingdom
Plymouth, UK
Messages
motorforum
Wow, we now live in a world where GT5 actually exists outside of sony promos and in the living rooms of fans worldwide. It's a tangible product that many will enjoy for a very log time.

But what if you're not able to separate ones feelings from something like Forza and can't logically appreciate GT5 itself? Then you can at least hope that T10 have to match this game as closely as possible or fall too far behind.

I don't know why I'm posting this, maybe because I feel my chosen name is at first glance derogatory to GT5, rather than casual reservations for something that appeared to be hype. Maybe it's because I've skirted controversy with my defence of Forza (but then we tend to defend things we enjoy and that game has given me much more than any GT game did in hours played.)

But whatever the reason, whatever the side, let's raise a glass to a world where Forza is forced to improve and GT6 itself, as I'm sure this game has set a high watermark for PD themselves.
 
Well said sceptic. It's the consumers who win in this war.
I'm no GT or Forza fanboy, I am however a proud fanboy of the genre.
 
I bought FM3SE on release day last year. I will have GT5 tomorrow. FM3 was enjoyable but no doubt GT5 will go way beyond.

I agree also that this particular genre is on the up and will keep going until there is no more tobe added.
 
Not to sound rude but didnt the guy from forza make out forza 3 would be "the definitive racer this gen"(deliberate hit at gt5) I just think its funny that if GT5 sucked forza team and fanboys would be rubbing your nose in the dirt, but if its the other way around its all cool. I couldn't care less, but I honestly hope gt5 better than forza, because its the attitude I hate. Forza's ok, but their attitude stinks of bullyingism.
 
Not to sound rude but didnt the guy from forza make out forza 3 would be "the definitive racer this gen"(deliberate hit at gt5) I just think its funny that if GT5 sucked forza team and fanboys would be rubbing your nose in the dirt, but if its the other way around its all cool. I couldn't care less, but I honestly hope gt5 better than forza, because its the attitude I hate. Forza's ok, but their attitude stinks of bullyingism.
You mean just like the GT Fanboys here?

The arguments against either game go both ways, and have been repeated time & time again.

I'm just glad both are playable.
 
Not to sound rude but didnt the guy from forza make out forza 3 would be "the definitive racer this gen"(deliberate hit at gt5).

He probably didn't think GT5 would ever be released this gen lol :sly:
 
The Forza series is great, and it's as good as it gets for people who only have an Xbox 360. There's not really anything about it to "bash", but I can say that while I enjoyed every iteration of the Forza series, all 3 titles left me yearning for something more. It's been many years since I hit 100% on GT4, and it's time to go home...GT5 is where I need to be.
 
Well said finallap - 👍 +1
 
Last edited:
Wow, we now live in a world where GT5 actually exists outside of sony promos and in the living rooms of fans worldwide. It's a tangible product that many will enjoy for a very log time.

But what if you're not able to separate ones feelings from something like Forza and can't logically appreciate GT5 itself? Then you can at least hope that T10 have to match this game as closely as possible or fall too far behind.

I don't know why I'm posting this, maybe because I feel my chosen name is at first glance derogatory to GT5, rather than casual reservations for something that appeared to be hype. Maybe it's because I've skirted controversy with my defence of Forza (but then we tend to defend things we enjoy and that game has given me much more than any GT game did in hours played.)

But whatever the reason, whatever the side, let's raise a glass to a world where Forza is forced to improve and GT6 itself, as I'm sure this game has set a high watermark for PD themselves.

Ermmm... I don't know why you're posting this either! This is a forum for GT5, not Forza... go hope elsewhere for Turn 10 to make a better game than Polyphony!

If you don't like GT5 then don't buy it... simple as that! Nobody is forcing you to get it, or even like it for that matter, but there's no reason to post hatred of it all over this forum! I've been reading you're posts made in other threads and you keep repeating one thing... Forza 3 is better than GT5! Firstly, you can't criticize the game before you play it, or before you're even in possession of it... give it a chance! Second of all, go play your beloved Forza if you don't like GT.

I'm not saying this as GT fanboy (which you may believe, and you're more than entitled to... but, I'm not), but I believe you're speaking as a Forza fanboy. Fair enough I have only owned PlayStations, thus I have only ever really played GT. I have hardly played Forza... I have done so several times on a mate's 360, and I have to say I was impressed, but not as much as I would be playing a Gran Turismo!

Like a say, give it a chance before hating it some more! It may impress you, and there may be some updates released that fix (to a certain, realistic degree) several problems (there's no guarantee that they will, but there's always hope)! I'm perfectly happy with GT5, and I think you and many others should be too! Some of your expectations are ridiculously high and unrealistic at this moment in time, and I believe that PD have made a great effort at fulfilling a number of these... fair enough the game's not perfect, but what game is? If you genuinely believed that GT5 was going to be a perfect game then you need to get real! And also, it's a known fact that the first GT released for each console isn't as good as the second, so why start hating GT6 even before the release of GT5?

Apologies for the rant!
 
You mean just like the GT Fanboys here?

The arguments against either game go both ways, and have been repeated time & time again.

I'm just glad both are playable.

i liked the forza games until FM3 released, and it isnt even playable.
 
And the flaming begins.

Correction. The flaming CONTINUES. When we have two awesome games like this (and make no mistake, each is awesome in their own way) people are bound to feel passionately for one or the other. This isn't a bad thing at all. Without competition things quickly get stale.
( I dont believe the OP meant much disrespect to GT5 though. )
 
Forza actually got me into racing games, but I am very excited for GT5. I will play both, and enjoy both.
 
Point missed entirely in a couple of replies, but you can't win them all.

I actually posted last night to forge some sort of pan-console racing game appreciation, but never mind.
 
Ermmm... I don't know why you're posting this either! This is a forum for GT5, not Forza... go hope elsewhere for Turn 10 to make a better game than Polyphony!

If you don't like GT5 then don't buy it... simple as that! Nobody is forcing you to get it, or even like it for that matter, but there's no reason to post hatred of it all over this forum! I've been reading you're posts made in other threads and you keep repeating one thing... Forza 3 is better than GT5! Firstly, you can't criticize the game before you play it, or before you're even in possession of it... give it a chance! Second of all, go play your beloved Forza if you don't like GT.

I'm not saying this as GT fanboy (which you may believe, and you're more than entitled to... but, I'm not), but I believe you're speaking as a Forza fanboy. Fair enough I have only owned PlayStations, thus I have only ever really played GT. I have hardly played Forza... I have done so several times on a mate's 360, and I have to say I was impressed, but not as much as I would be playing a Gran Turismo!

Like a say, give it a chance before hating it some more! It may impress you, and there may be some updates released that fix (to a certain, realistic degree) several problems (there's no guarantee that they will, but there's always hope)! I'm perfectly happy with GT5, and I think you and many others should be too! Some of your expectations are ridiculously high and unrealistic at this moment in time, and I believe that PD have made a great effort at fulfilling a number of these... fair enough the game's not perfect, but what game is? If you genuinely believed that GT5 was going to be a perfect game then you need to get real! And also, it's a known fact that the first GT released for each console isn't as good as the second, so why start hating GT6 even before the release of GT5?

Apologies for the rant!

I don't get where you see hate in his statement, he is saying GT5 is great for the genre, it will force more evolution and innovations...In no way is he hating on GT6 or GT5, you need to chill and stop foaming at the mouth when you see the mention of the name Forza.
 
I think you might want to stick to Premier League Football/Soccer with the rest of the North London drunks on this one mate.
 
My name doesn't help, but at the time I joined, I couldn't think of anything more apt for how I'd reacted to the ongoing delays and such like.

Are name changes possible? Perhaps that would help.
 
I love GT5 and Forza 3, for different reasons. It's possible for both to co-exist, and be enjoyed >:]

They should both take a leaf from each others book.
 
Even if you didn't like GT, but liked the other, you'd have to respect the GT series as the other wouldn't have even existed.
 
A Little Competition Between Consoles is allways a Good thing as someone else Mentioned it means Developers give us the People who pay for the Products a Better Choice and Improved Systems and Games

I've played just every Car Type of Racing Game out there and Like for Like they all have there Good Sides and Bad

One thing I will Say No other Except the Gran Turismo Series has taken up up So much of My Time and Life , It's Simply a Game that never gets Old and the times i've actually Removed a Full Save from a Playstation just to Re-Start Gran Turismo again i've actually lost Count of

Forza its a Good Game

Gran Turismo is a Legend Other Games try to Live Up Too

12 Years Later the King is Back and I do Hope the Next Forza is a Major Improvement if it is i'll buy it
 
I was skeptical as well I didn't even believe it was out till I saw it on the homepage and then I picked it up at Midnight!
 
I'm not liking this thread. It feels like it could get out of control very quickly. I'll keep it open for the time being, but I'll also follow it. Just in case.
 
Back