Daytona expert 700pp full of knockers

  • Thread starter Thread starter youaredie
  • 17 comments
  • 1,466 views
Messages
73
I just played online and damn do I hate the daytona races. There's always one idiot who's running everyone off the road. And I hope I do not get flamed here, but most of them use the corvettes.

I've seen very nice racers in other tracks like suzuka, who would stop and wait for me after bumping me off. But I just let them go forward since I know they are sincere and it was accidental. But daytona is just full of slammers who dont' bother about the car they just spun off the track.

Does anyone else feel the same?
 
I agree with you. Some races are just awful and Daytona seems to be one of the worst, some people just plow through the field with no respect for others. Although over all there is a lot of bumping and slamming I tend to let it go as its just one part of online racing, but I will not go to the Daytona races as its just a waste of time.
 
Wow, GT5:P and knockers - where do i sign up?
 
Great, is it like a Hot Coffee cheat. What are the physics like on these big knockers.
 
I always knew those rubberised joysticks were designed with something specific in mind 👍
 
Come play Daytona 600PP, there's less idiots, and if there are any, theyve chosen cars that theyve had to tune down to 600PP, heavy and less power means they can do no harm.
 
General rule : avoid High Speed Ring and Daytona. It's bumpfest and a wallriding festival.
 
Hahaha, didn't know my choice of using the word knockers would conjure up a totally different image in the minds of others. As for Daytona 600pp, I don't think I would try that as I have only set up the integra for 600PP and it is serving me really well in HSR and Suzuka. I think these races are more fun too and I find the racers in these more technical tracks to be more refined and courteous. Seen a few GTP racers too and they were either really good, or really courteous, like waiting for others if they knocked into them.
 
I agree, I like the oval a lot, but the kiddies all see it as easy and naturally go 750 pp thinking bigger is better. I only play 750pp when there are just a few cars, because as soon as the grid starts filling up you just know you are going to get smashed.

Most of the time it's far better at 500 or 600pp where you can have some really good races. Particularly at 600pp I've found a lot of good courteous racers who will happily draft and leapfrog with you, sticking to their lines until the sprint from the final corner.

By the way, for those of you that find the oval boring (and yes I know this forum is full of people who have expressed that opinion), come and appreciate the subtleties of putting in some really good laptimes in a car like the Ferrari 512. Now there's a great car for 600pp.
 
Ohhh... Was hoping for something else and an opportunity to say "This thread is worthless without pictures"... Guess not.. Carry on then...
 
Actually I think posting a good time on Daytona also requires alot of skill, to keep your speed in the bends then coming out right and accelerating just nice for that full speed straight. Its just that those who love to bump others off in this track spoils the whole experience.
 
I just played online and damn do I hate the daytona races. There's always one idiot who's running everyone off the road. And I hope I do not get flamed here, but most of them use the corvettes.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Yes the HORD of Vipers and Corvettes! Oh no, oh a what a world, what a world. If you really want feel good about yourself, take a lotus there and beat them ALL with it. lol

Yes, I did, I beat an entire field of Vettes, with a Lotus 111R Tuned. :P Twice in fact. You won't find another car that can do 208 MPH around the corners. lol

Yes I feel the same way, but I don't pay attention to the knockers, and I don't relaliate against them either. I run my race and if I do that right I end up top 3 every time, if not winning the race.
 
General rule : avoid High Speed Ring and Daytona. It's bumpfest and a wallriding festival.

:banghead: Just wait. When GT5 finally comes out, I can't wait to see all the people complaining about getting bumped off the track at Laguna Seca. There is a lot of sand there.
 
:banghead: Just wait. When GT5 finally comes out, I can't wait to see all the people complaining about getting bumped off the track at Laguna Seca. There is a lot of sand there.

Bah, more like imagine Bahrain International Circuit, lol.
I'd rather see more real circuits because of this actually, better than a bumper car race around the street circuits.
 
I consider myself a pretty easygoing person. But consistant ramming and useless F'ers get me so pissed I feel like exploding. Though I generally race at suzuka, fuji and daytona street. So the amount of time/places one loses are greater than at some of the other courses.
 
Some people choose to set their car up for max hp and poor handling to get down to point limit and all they do is wreck those of us who like a car that can actually take a turn and stay on track. I hate when there are 4 or 5 cars bunched up trying not to run into each other and one of these guys come flying up and wrecks everyone.
 
As the great Keiichi Tsuchiya said, a well balanced car is better than a high powered car. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised yesterday at the Daytona Ovals. Everyone was so nice and clean, almost thought I went to the wrong server where I experienced so many nutcases which made me start this thread in the first place.
 
:lol:

I was hoping to point out the knockers but it's obviously already been done. Oh well... carry on.
 
Back