Daytona Road Time Trial event 750pp

• Thread starter Reims_
  • 9 comments

Reims_

(Banned)
Reims_
Hey guys,

I tried searching but couldn't find anything so I decided to make one.

The current online world TT is on Daytona Road at the moment. Just wondering if anyone is doing/competing in it? I'm currently 23rd in the world rankings but I've hit a wall in my pursuit of speed. I'm down a second on the guy in 1st and i suspect it's my DFGT wheel slowing me down (it's never the drivers fault, only the equipment :lol:).

Anyone willing to trade setups or anything? Don't know what else to do..

Car is R35 GTR

Hi, one thing I learned from years playing the GT series, is, all is not what you expect, when it comes to setups. try extreme changes to things, only one at a time and see if it changes anything speed wise. I'm pretty new to GT5P but in all the last GT games, odd things worked with some cars, like higher rear & lower front ride height (GT2). try a few different things. One setup for one car in this game works well for a certain car with springs 10/1 which is pretty weird 👍, stick with it, IF your in the rankings in the 20s your pretty close.
I might try this later myself.

Yeah I've noticed strange things with the setup too. Like I'll completely change my setup not including gear ratio's to some ridiculous ass backwards setup and still get within a tenth of my best lap time :banghead:

It's only occasionally I'll fluke something and get the exact numbers in the camber, toe, spring rate and damper that I suddenly pick up a second and if i have the toe wrong by 0.01 or the spring rate wrong by 1 then it doesn't work and I go back to the situation in the paragraph above.

/sigh

first impression of this event is...that care is a nightmare to drive lol, did nothing worth speaking about when I tried.

(think I had the wrong car)

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I tried searching but couldn't find anything so I decided to make one.

The current online world TT is on Daytona Road at the moment. Just wondering if anyone is doing/competing in it? I'm currently 23rd in the world rankings but I've hit a wall in my pursuit of speed. I'm down a second on the guy in 1st and i suspect it's my DFGT wheel slowing me down (it's never the drivers fault, only the equipment :lol:).

Anyone willing to trade setups or anything? Don't know what else to do..

Car is R35 GTR

Here is an event that did run at Daytona, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=129516 Unfortunately it's finished now. If you are looking for a weekly challenge combining the arcade and online events on GT5p, then you can't go far wrong by checking out the Weekly Race Series.

Well, I've started playing this event by 4 days ago...and I'm 190th... <shy> I'm not a pro driver, regularly playing GT5P for a month, and I just... don't have patience to refine my set up. I'm aware of the fact that to deserve to be at top ten you need a lot of experience, hard work, driving skill and ability to tune up you car wisely, but I just wish I could make it to first 100...
My time is about 1:41,528 or something. I think I can still manage to improve my time by 0,5s. Almost did it, in fact, but screwed up last shichane.
Driving GT-R35
My set up:
BHP +39
Weight 88%
Tyres F-R1,R-R1
F R
Ride Height -20 -20
Spring Rate 7 7
Damper 6 6
Toe - stock
Camber 1.5 1.5
Turning angle 40
ABS 1
TC Off

Gear Ratio - stock (just have no idea to how to change it, everytime I try to change something in gear ratio I make it worse and worse)

Any help.. or advise?
Would be very.. very thankfull.
Hope I would become pr0 one day...

Pavulon1 here is my setup, it might get you that half second ;)

Nissan R35 GTR

Power 504kw
Weight 1479kg
Tyres R1/R1

Front/Rear

Ride height -6/-3
Soring 3/6
Damper 1/4
Toe -0.15/+0.08
Camber 1.9/1.2
Brake Bias 6/5
ABS 1
Front rear torque distribution 45/55

Gear ratios

1st 3.354
2nd 2.145
3rd 1.723
4th 1.366
5th 1.099
6th 0.877

Final drive 3.451

Here is an event that did run at Daytona, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=129516 Unfortunately it's finished now. If you are looking for a weekly challenge combining the arcade and online events on GT5p, then you can't go far wrong by checking out the Weekly Race Series.

That looks really good. I can only compete in the time trials tho because I live in Australia and the lag to Europe and America is huge. The cars fly around the tracks like crazy.

Reims... I just don't know what to write. Literally. I've lost my breath. Gearbox is phenomenal, just needed 3 laps to get used to suspension settings. After 3 more laps, without struggling, I shaved off 0.6s. On second gear you just take off like Concorde. I feel I can improve my time much more. Just... Reims saying thank you is not adequate to the level of your help. You are my new Gran Turismo guru from now on:P

Haha thanks. The setup isn't perfect and I'm still over a second slower than the fastest guy in the world but it doesn't look like anyone else here is doing it which is a real shame, Anyway, good luck 👍

Reims, I made it 88th, but there was still, for my skills, about 0:00,300 to shave off. But gave up. Saw already you are third in new Suzuka Circut 750PP event:D and I'm even more impressed by the fact you used Elise 111R/Tuned because, I just can't drive this car:P Good luck

Back