Daytona trouble

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hinds04
  • 6 comments
  • 987 views
Messages
390
Messages
Hinds04
In B Spec Amateur the sport truck race at dayton... I have a fully modded lightning and a fully modded ssr but neither can win. Smoke the comp until they get to about 130mph then fall to dead last. They never get over 135mph or so.... Anyone?
 
Buy the fully customizable transmission and change the gear ratio for a higher top speed in the tuning menu. :)
 
Is the gearing only letting the truck get to 130mph? What tires are you running with? I found putting softer tires on let Bob hold his speed better. I did that race with a ~550hp X-Runner I built for a friend and it was a tight race because my Bob was braking so hard at the corners.
 
The Ford will do plenty at the top end (170 MPH+), so transmission isn't the issue. I am stuck at the same point.
It is all about the suspension and dumb AI programming.

I can win it with the Lightening...bone stock. BOB finishes no better than 10th. After investing over $100,000 for one race.
 
My Bob used a Tacoma with 500hp, fully customizable suspension, and sport hards. He never had a problem. I can get my suspension setup if you want it.
 
I had to remind bob entering the corners to increase the pace or he would slow down. I found that reminding them to increase the pace is important even when they have too much car and should win easily.
 
Thanks for that tip Grumblecat, that did the final trick.
Went from P9/10 to P1!!
 
Back