• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 25 comments
England
Norwich,Norfolk
GTP_DaxCobra
Last edited:
Apr 08 2012

FIA GT1 Season 3 - Race One - Nurburgring GP/D

The stage is set for the third season of the GTP FIA GT1 Race Series, hosted by DaxCobra. A lot of testing has gone on to make this season as close as possible.

The track itself is a legend. Built right next to the nordschleife itself, it may not be as daunting as it's big brother, but it is certainly a tricky one, and much loved amongst drivers.

Turn one is a real challenge, as it dips down slightly mid corner, inducing oversteer. This is where most of the passes will be made, under breaking. the next few turns are long and swooping, until we get to turn 5 which is the end of Sector one. Turn 5 has a similar effect to Turn one, where it dips mid point. Again, this one can ruin the rear tyres as it makes the rear wheels spin. The next part of the track is a beautifully flowing left/right section, which feels lovely when nailed. A quick flick onto the back straight, and into the penultimate corner, a slow chicane. Heavy breaking into here will also see lots of overtaking maneuvers. A final and long right hander and onto the start finish straight.

We have a grid stronger than ever, with some new and old faces here and there.

The question on everyones lips is, who is going to win this titanic battle?​

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:

FIA GT1 Season 3 - Round One

Well the season has started with a bang, and the Vipers dealt the killing blow with carracerptp at the wheel.

Newcomer GTP_Biffy made a stunning start to the season, it was hard to tell who would win out of him and carracerptp. 3rd place went to another newcomer, GTP_GREEN, who despite not looking too strong in his 1st stint, outdrove Sumo098 and GTP_Daxcobra to finish 3rd.

Sumo098 finished 4th, ahead of 5th place GTP_DaxCobra who despite having tyre wear issues made a 2 stop strategy work, almost catching Sumo098 in the dying laps.

Carbonox finished 6th after an apparently boring race, followed by A_Higher_Place and then GTP_RanhammerR34.

Thank you for a brilliant race, and we shall meet again at Monza.

img.php

Apr 15 2012

FIA GT1 Season 3 - Round Two - Autodromo Nazionale Monza

Biffy repays carracer for the last round by beating him to the win.

TeamLotus_Esprit piloted his SLR McLaren to second followed carracer in third and GTP_Akmuq in fourth.

xNikodemusx took fifth at the final corner, passing GTP_DaxCobra who had made a mistake early on and had tried to pit early, only for his tyres to fall off at the end. Carbonox came 7th, followed by Sumo098 in 8th. TeamLotus_Seven came home in 9th, with neljack rounding off the top 10. Ranhammer was close behind in 11th.

Thank you for a brilliant race, and we shall meet again at Monaco.

img.php

Last edited:
Apr 22 2012

FIA GT1 Season 3 - Round Three - Cote d'Azur

GTP_DaxCobra wins a contoversial Monaco GT, followed closely by GTP_Biffy.

The race started with GTP_Biffy on pole, carracerptp second, sumo098 3rd and GTP_DaxCobra, but by the 1st pitstops it was GTP_DaxCobra who was in 1st. He opted to go for a 2 stop strategy, whilst GTP_Biffy went for a 1 stop. The race came down to the final lap as Biffy, stuggling with worn tyres was caught and passed by GTP_DaxCobra after an aggressive battle for 1st. The DCRL stewards deemed the pass as legal.

Sumo098 crossed the line 3rd, despite looking like he had the pace for a win. A few mistakes under breaking made sure that would not happen however.

Carracer also went with the two stop strategy, taking 4th and almost a podium. Carbonox came 5th, followed by neljack in 6th and GTP_ranhammerR34 in 7th.

Thank you for a brilliant race, and we shall meet again at Tsukuba..

Last edited:
FIA GT1 Heads to Tsukuba Circuit for the first of it's Japanese events

"Despite some controversy regarding his overtakes on both GTP_Biffy and GTP_DaxCobra, Sumo098 romped home to take his debut victory this season. After battling with GTP_DaxCobra for most of the race, GTP_Biffy came over the line to finish second with GTP_DaxCobra finishing in a convincing 3rd to round out the podium places.

Further down the field TeamLotus_Esprit ran another solid race to finish 4th while Carbonox, making his one stop strategy work, took 5th despite being slightly off pace in lap times.

Gokartman, in his debut, had an epic battle with marunda but in the end his superior preservation of tyres allowed Gokartman to pull ahead in the dying stages of the race, leaving him 6th and marunda 7th.

TeamLotus_Seven, A_Higher_Place and GTP_RanhammerR34 rounded out the remaining places."

Howzat? ;)

Last edited:
FIA GT1 World Championship- Round 5: Suzuka

"For round 5 of the championship, the teams stayed in Japan to travel to the legendary Suzuka circuit which would be playing host to the next race.

And what a race it was. Biffy, Akmuq and marunda all getting out to qualify late due to various mechanical difficulties meant that none of them could get in a decent qualifying lap. This meant that the championship leader would be starting the race from 5th position.

The race got off to a clean start but over the next few laps there was various contact. Sumo and Akmuq tangled out of the esses and Akmuq was hit again by marunda. Both of the drivers were able to continue despite being slightly shaken up. marunda was involved in further contact when he was hit by Sumo098 after putting a wheel on the grass out of the hairpin. After which Sumo098 was forced to retire and marunda took an early, unscheduled stop in order to get some clean air.

In amongst all this chaos, GTP_Biffy (now leading), GTP_DaxCobra and Gokartman had all managed to stretch out a gap and looked to running away with the race.

The race was fairly uneventful throughout the first pitstop phase with marunda taking a place from xNikodesmusx and Gokartman dropping out due to engine troubles.

Akmuq later fell out of the running, although the reason for which is still unknown to us. This left marunda in 5th after taking a 2nd stop, with a lot of work to do to catch Niko in 4th, Carbonox in 3rd and GTP_DaxCobra in 2nd. At this point GTP_Biffy had a more than comfortable lead over GTP_DaxCobra and seemed guaranteed the win.

The outcome of 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th came down to the last few laps when a hard charging marunda caught and passed a struggling Niko. Up ahead Dax and Carbonox were squabbling over the remaining podium positions allowing marunda to pull to within 4 seconds of Carbonox in 3rd by the finish.

Last edited:
I will give you the unofficial specs in a couple of days time and you can help me from there. :) Just let me get them roughly there.

Aww, bit of a.... Socially awkward penguin?

:D

Anyway, you will be pleased to hear, Carbonox, the cars will be a little easier to control this time around.

I thought they were fairly easy to control this season. :sly:

Yeah, you were in the SLR though, try the Viper...

Yes, too easy....
Next season, comfort soft tires, no aids and ABS = 0
BHP will be in the 600 range.

Okay, maybe not easier but more predictable. At least, compared to the Viper.

And I can't see us attracting many people with 600BHP on Comfort softs, but I'd be all for it. :D

Yeah, you were in the SLR though, try the Viper...

Okay, maybe not easier but more predictable. At least, compared to the Viper.

And I can't see us attracting many people with 600BHP on Comfort softs, but I'd be all for it. :D

I'm sure the Viper isn't that bad- just a bit more likely to kick you off. :scared:

I think 600bhp on CS would get a bit boring/wearing after a while. :lol:

I was racing with some of the GT Academy winners (NA) a few weeks ago and we had a blast racing the Zonda R on CH tires at Rome.

And then for a challenge...

We raced the Zonda R at Suzuka in the rain (100% wet) with CH tires.... Now that was fun!

So I would love to try the Viper at 600HP on CS tires, think I will open up a high PP CS tires room.

Back