DD and Wheel Stands

Sweden
Sweden
AlexKalopsia
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of, hopefully, getting myself a pretty decent Fanatec direct drive setup, but my biggest limitation is - like many other people - space.
I am thinking of starting with a wheel stand, BUT checking the Next Level Racing FAQs I got to

Does this WS Stand Support DD Wheels? Customers in the past have used DD Wheels on the Wheel Stand but we do not recommend it as it has not been designed to handle Direct Drive bases.
What I am trying to understand is whether DD wheels just have too much torque for any wheel stand, or if I can still get away with it (perhaps with some other stands from other brands). I know the FAQs suggest some people do, indeed, use wheel stands with DD wheels, but I am trying to understand what the main issue is and how to circumvent it.

Thanks

Thanks for the video, it was actually super helpful. It kinda gives me a little bit of hope that I can possibly get away with a wheel stand. I think desk is still a better option but I am planning to mostly play on console, so there's that. Also really helpful to hear that the boost kit is very recommended.

Thanks for the video, it was actually super helpful. It kinda gives me a little bit of hope that I can possibly get away with a wheel stand. I think desk is still a better option but I am planning to mostly play on console, so there's that. Also really helpful to hear that the boost kit is very recommended.
Yep, only console here too, GT7 on PS5, on a 24" gaming monitor. Got a private computer, work computer and a PS5 connected to the same monitors/peripherals.

I could run a very long cable from my PS5 to my desktop computer, but I will also lose my surround system in the process, so it's a pretty big trade off ;_;

Back