Dead end.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sofo
  • 19 comments
  • 1,704 views
Messages
104
Denmark
Copenhagen
Messages
Sofo2409
I've been away from GT6 for quite awhile, and it seems fun has been replaced by frustration.
I'm struggling with 'International A and i can't compete. Currently it's the 15 minutes races and Red Bull Junior competitions.

Guess i need to try a car thats easy to handle, yet fast enough to compete.

Any suggestions before i smash the DVD? ;-)
 
Are you using a Max PP car? Right tires? SFR on?
 
Red Bull is just practice I am afraid. The rest just use a car with tyres & PP maxed for that race if your struggling or go back to slower races & practice.
Learn in slower stuff & then progress from there generally works.
 
I've been away from GT6 for quite awhile, and it seems fun has been replaced by frustration.
I'm struggling with 'International A and i can't compete. Currently it's the 15 minutes races and Red Bull Junior competitions.


Any suggestions before i smash the DVD? ;-)
Practice.
 
For the 15 minute races, get a McLaren F1 GTR. Any of the 3 will do as it is pretty much a cheater car.

The Red Bull Junior and Standard championships allow s for choice in tire, so RS and SRF can be used.

Just remember that when you win the X2014 Junior, Standard, and Fan car events, remember to take off the SRF as it is a noob aid, and get rid of the RS tires as they have an unrealistic level of grip.
 
Tuning can make or break how a car performs. Try messing with the car settings or looking up how other people set up similar cars in the tunes menu.
 
*cough* *cough* Toyota FT-1 *cough* *cough*

51q0RayBa%2BL._SY300_.jpg
 
Thanks for suggestions.

To my surprise the McClaren F1 GTR was slower than the MP4 in 'Like the wind'!! - even with downforce lowered to minimum and gears lenghtened, but it handles better.
 
your first problem is, you stayed away from GT6 a while, so you need to practice again.

yeah, i invested in three cars in the GT6 carreer.
1st after i got some nice credits, i bought the pescarolo hybrid.
2nd at some races the pescarolo hybrid was too brutal so i bought the Audi R18 team joest

15minutes ascari and apricot hill, i did with the pescarolo
nurburg is my nemesis, i tried the audi r18 and nailed it.

the 3rd car, is the Audi R10 TDI, i used that one a lot for the Super Licence endurance races.

You can check my youtube channel and search for "int a 15 minutes"

Some races are difficult to find.
These are the names i used in the titles of the clips.
national B
national A
International B or INT B
International A or INT A
Super Licence

Still got two races for super licence to upload ( finished them a while ago, i stopped uploading every day)



ps. i also invested in a Toyota 7 and the Chaparral 2J.
Came in handy at the season event Lemans.( 2J )
The rest are nice premium and standard cars.
 
Last edited:
I'm lazy but you're right. Practice is indeed needed to get the hang of it again.
That is right, I am a good at GT6 and if I took a long time off from playing the game and then started playing it again I would be a bit rusty on driving and controlling the car. So as I said keep practicing and the more you practise the better driver you are going to be at the game. :cheers:
 
your first problem is, you stayed away from GT6 a while, so you need to practice again.

yeah, i invested in three cars in the GT6 carreer.
1st after i got some nice credits, i bought the pescarolo hybrid.
2nd at some races the pescarolo hybrid was too brutal so i bought the Audi R18 team joest

Bought the Pescarolo and it's indeed a fast and rather wellbehaved beast. Now i need to learn to control all these horsepowers.
Maybe it will take me through the final test so i can se what's next.
I will get the Audi too when i have the money.
 
get rid of the RS tires as they have an unrealistic level of grip.

I don't use any aids and I STILL think you're very annoying with the noob aid this and racing tire that. Same with the "1.11 is coming in a few weeks and a lot of people won't be happy. My friend on the inside told me". Was it one or two days following said post/claim that 1.11 was up for download?

Just like any other tire in the game - every tire does not provide realistic levels of grip. It takes a lot less than racing tires to match realistic lap times with many race cars. I don't see you complain about racing hards providing too much grip either. The problem is with friction modelling, not specific tires. ALL of them are a little too sticky for what they are...or are supposed to be. So what? I notice a few common themes among people who hate racing softs and I think I will keep them to myself for the time being. But, the reasoning at the core is not too much grip...being that, again, they don't complain about every tire across the board being too sticky...just racing softs, the racing soft lobbies, etc.

Turning off aids and condemning them from a soap box is great and all, but...I really hope you're an all star by the way you talk on here to people sometimes in regards to that, along with some of your claims. There is no doubt you turn some people off to this place at times.

You're a broken record with that stuff. There are some car that I put racing softs on...there are plenty that I wouldnt...just like there are plenty that I wouldn't put comfort hards on. Am I going to put sorts on a GT500 or GT3 car with double it's stock power? Yeah, probably, because the aero, chassis and more importantly, tire width was modelled to work with far less power. Would I put racing softs on fiat 500? Probably not.

I don't avoid lobbies based on tires.

Another point I want to make is that a lot of people who make the racing soft claims...99% of them have never driven on a full slick. Being that I have on many...it is in my opinion (and you can leave it for that) mediums and softs are what slick feel like. The only cars that hards feel like slicks on...are cars that don't belong on slicks. Like a Z4 or whatnot. Sport sorts feel more like slicks than the hards do.

Softs do not provide too much grip. If the problem is not in friction modelling, the problem is in the correlation between distance being cover/avg speed and time. I would put my money on that over the friction modelling being off as far.

The amount of people on here who have used full-on slicks for circuit use in real life are slim, let alone many compounds and brands. That's why I roll my eyes every time I read a comment stating things like that. They're baseless claims. Internet banality.
 
Last edited:
I have nothing against racing tires when used in the right conditions (Race cars, drag cars) but those lobbies that are like "450pp RS"; I just don't understand...

I don't find it any fun when my car sticks to the ground like it's on rails, it almost takes no effort.

I like to fight oversteer, and throw the car around, which isn't really possible on RH/RS with an average road car.

The cars are more "alive" with Sports/Comfort tires...
 
Exactly. Some make zero sense to use in conjunction with, others makes great sense to do so. I stay away from super low pp racing, but that is just me. I have seen that stuff too, though. It is what it is. Thankfully, there are more rooms for us to choose from or create.

I respect azure for being a long time member, but I can't respect some of his backhanded/skewed/assumptive/innacurate comments.
 
To complete the IA last test I bought a Zonda race car and slapped a huge turbo on it about 900+bhp it worked great apart from Nurberg which should be closed imo and used as a practice site for road digging equipment for young ones to cut their teeth on. anyway I came third overall (last at nurberg) and that unlocked the s-class licence which is extremley difficult to get silver on apart from the first test. Gold well ha ha ha forget it.
The redbull race thing imo is a bit boring same thing over and over again but each to there own.
Good luck and all the best.
 
Back