Dear Mister Yamauchi

  • Thread starter Thread starter MURPHY-D
  • 7 comments
  • 985 views
Messages
14
Messages
MURPHY-D
I am one of those "guys who really have a hard time driving themselves, but really like cars". In the 1970's I raced SCCA "Club Solo" events throughout the US Midwest. My love of motorsports is long and passionate. In 2005, I was almost killed on my motorcycle. Fortunately I survived but unfortunately I was left with permanent nerve damage in both hands. Needless to say, I have great difficulties trying to use a PlayStation (or any other) controller. That is why I was so happy when I discovered the Gran Turismo franchise and B-Spec racing. I was especially happy to read your (above) quote as it pertained to GT6. After reading that the "mode" is not included in the currently shipping version, I have decided to not purchase the game. If you've decided not to include the feature in future versions of the franchise I hope you will please reconsider. Thank you for your time and attention.
 
That's a reason right there that B-Spec should most certainly be included as an option. When GT6 is updated with B-Spec, I hope you g=buy the game & thoroughly enjoy it Murphy.



👍
 
I'm a perfectly functioning race driver in scca today, motorcycle racer of yesterday, and a game developer, and father of 2...

And I want B-spec back! I loved the "interactive replays!" It really shows off the cars and makes you appreciate the management component.

So yeah Murphy, you got more support than circumstantial reasoning. Its a cool feature and needs to return.

Further Murphy, you have my highest respects... To not be able to do what you love, yet strive to keep the experience alive has to take more tenacity and desire than I can possibly comprehend. For that alone I would make b spec for you if I could...
 
You guys are all awesome... thanks for your interest and support!
The really sad thing for me was realizing I might-as-well sell my guitars. 8-(
The three lessons I learned:
1) Never let your insurance lapse. (Yep... these were pretty expensive lessons)
2) All the safety gear in the world does you no good if it's hanging in the closet at home
3) Just because it is capable of doing 130 doesn't mean you need to ride it at 130

Thanks again, everyone.
 
i lucked out many years ago after losing control of my car and nearly ( mere inches ) away from crashing into a giant tree head on, after that I was very hesitant about street racing, I still loved cars and found my way to an S.C.C.A. auto cross event, I was already losing interest in front wheel drives and drifting was looking more interesting to me (back in 2003) and a few years later I found my 86 and was still hesitant to practice on public roads so I helped organize drift events for my local S.C.C.A chapter. Though I do not organize events anymore others have taken my place and continue bringing events to our local area. Please know that dedicated track time on a closed course has a much larger potential to making yourself a better driver and greatly minimizes risks to others and yourself while legitimizing your love of automobiles and showing that you are taking steps to truly become a better driver and not just pretending on the streets.

and B SPEC COME BACK!!! so I can sit back and watch the automotive goodness.
 
Back