Dear Mr. Yamauchi - The future of GT Online.

Johnnypenso

Well known double poster
Premium
Canada
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Johnnypenso
Dear Mr. Yamauchi,

Many of us here at GTPlanet have welcomed the inclusion of online racing with open arms since the release of GT5. It is a wonderful experience to make racing friends around the world and race and compete with people from all across the planet. We know the promised Community Features are being worked on as we speak and this may resolve some or all of our issues but there are a couple of issues that may not be resolved through that update that we feel may help the online portion of the game grow in popularity and provide a more consistent experience.

Are there any plans for GT6 or GT7 on PS4 to include online features such as a Driver Rating system, Matchmaking, Online Leaderboards, an Online Career Mode and more features that smooth out the online experience and make it easier for us to find, race with and stay in contact with, pilots of similar skill and experience, something that is very difficult to do with the current online version of the game?

Thank you in advance.

Hmmm. Never knew you asked this mirror question for online as well, JP.

Wonder why its not 1/40th as popular as the Offline question?

C'mon PD. Online is icing on the cake, and right now GT6 is a plate with some pretty sub-par icing plastered over a thin pancake made of nutrient-void wheat flour...

Hmmm. Never knew you asked this mirror question for online as well, JP.

Wonder why its not 1/40th as popular as the Offline question?

C'mon PD. Online is icing on the cake, and right now GT6 is a plate with some pretty sub-par icing plastered over a thin pancake made of nutrient-void wheat flour...
Because I don't think most people take the online portion of the game very seriously, not like the offline and other solo stuff. Online has a bad reputation and justifiably so, as a lawless, wild west type of environment, relying on personal honesty and integrity for good behaviour, and we all know how important those traits are in the virtual world:lol:. IMO, at least in the more serious portion of the online community, we'd be well served by a driver rating system that imposes impartial penalties on all participants. There are very few true "accidents" online, most situations can be avoided by exercising a little common sense, but without the incentive to do so, many people just behave wrecklessly. PD acknowledged as much for the first time, in their recent blog entry on the QM. Without some sort of overall rating system imposed by the game, the online portion of GT, outside of organized leagues and now the online communities potentially, will continue to be a wasteland for good racing.

For me personally a rating system would be good. Online I have been battered or way out of my league and as at present I do not have online friends it is just luck who I come up against.
I have registered with Gtplanet community but so far all rooms have been closed when ever I looked.

Yeah, the GTPlanet rooms seem to be more for professional and expert racers, not amateurs out for some fun, clean racing.

I would like to have a rating system, myself. At least that would give me an idea of what to expect.

Yeah, the GTPlanet rooms seem to be more for professional and expert racers, not amateurs out for some fun, clean racing.

I would like to have a rating system, myself. At least that would give me an idea of what to expect.
Three races into iRacing and I'm already driving differently than I would in GT and I was squeaky clean in GT, even in Open Lobbies. In iRacing even a wheel on the grass on some parts of the track counts against your driver rating so it makes you think twice about how hard you push and what risks you are willing to take, which in turn makes for better racing for all those around you. If most of us put some effort into driving within our limitations instead of balls to the wall in every corner, it would make for a different community altogether and IMO, a much more enjoyable online experience.

@TRLWNC7396 I joined the GTP_WRS and am now taking part in my second time trail and just completed my 1st race. It has put new life into the game for me. All skill levels are accepted, once you complete 3 time trials you are placed in the appropriate division. You may want to look into it https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ehensive-guide-new-members-start-here.235296/. (I hope I did that right.)

Back