Dear Polyphony Digital

• Thread starter Yeshi
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
Yeshi95
Dear Polyphony Digital,

I would like to start out with saying I am a huge fan of the developers work. Gran Turismo Sport is a great game, no matter what people say. The graphics are on point and the physics are balanced, both with a controller and a wheel/peddle set. The online racing can be chaotic at times, but fun and exciting over all. I have been a fan since GT4 but first owned GT5 but only truly got into GT6 with tuning and racing (i.e. started taking it seriously, not just for fun). The core mechanics of GT Sport is fantastic over all.

What I am writing (or typing in the instance) is not fan boy-ism or jabs at the devs., but just my thoughts as a fan of a franchise that I love, so please don't rake me over the coals for this.

GT Sport is great to play, but to me and many of my PSN friends feel like there is something not right. To me, personally, it feels as though GTS doesnt know what it want to be, or the devs. don't know what to do at this point. They want a competitive racing game, but not too much so that it throws people off when they are on it. They keep adding street cars (which I'm not mad about btw) even though they are not used in competitions. They neglect Gr.4 and Gr.3 but add Gr.2 and Gr.1. I know adding modern GT cars has its own battle and stipulations when creating a game like this, but i would like to know what they are. Bentley has a great GT 3 car and Chevy races Camaro in GT 4. Ferrari races the 488 instead of the 458 now, and Audi uses the R8 in GT 4. I really wish these cars would be add, but I do not know the stipulations their respective manufactures put in just to have these in the game.

Now, as for tracks. The unique track PD make are quite good, but I know that most if not all my friends would love to see real tracts that we know and love. Tracks the we watch our favorite drivers race around on WEC or IMSA (i speak personally on championship, but hopefully you understand). I have noticed a lack of tracks from the United States on most of the titles, and that is a shame. VIR and Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen International and Sebring. These all are great tracks and all are host in IMSA championships, but I have only seen them when there was a track editor in the game (gt5 and gt6). I truly am sadden by this and I wish they would be added, but i doubt they will be and that is a shame.

Please don't take this as me being rude or getting angry, I just want GT Sport to be greater than it already is, to be the best it could be. I hope someone sees this that could really make my dreams a reality or at least explain why what I have suggested cannot be added in the game. I am not mad or angry, I would just like to know.

Thank you for your time.

p.s.
Racing NASCAR around road circuits was so much fun. Wish they could come back.

GT Sport is great to play, but to me and many of my PSN friends feel like there is something not right. To me, personally, it feels as though GTS doesnt know what it want to be, or the devs. don't know what to do at this point. They want a competitive racing game, but not too much so that it throws people off when they are on it.

I would think most people would agree with this statement. No matter if your into the Race Car or Street Car side of the game there is alot left to still be desired on both sides but that's not even my biggest complaint.

GTS was promoted heavily for it's Online Racing and Racing Against real opponents and yet it lacks so much customization for it's online lobbies. Important Settings and Options that have been in past titles that made lobby racing much more exciting & personalized have now just been left out for no good reasons. Even though most of these options exist in other parts of GTS. This is my one true complaint I wish for PD to hear.

Even though I know and I hope you do too that Polyphony Digital does not visit threads like this.

Last edited:
I would think most people would agree with this statement. No matter if your into the Race Car or Street Car side of the game there is alot left to still be desired on both sides but that's not even my biggest complaint.

GTS was promoted heavily for it's Online Racing and Racing Against real opponents and yet it lacks so much customization for it's online lobbies. Important Settings and Options that have been in past titles that made lobby racing much more exciting & personalized have now just been left out for no good reasons. Even though most of these options exist in other parts of GTS. This is my one true complaint I wish for PD to hear.

Even though I know and I hope you do too that Polyphony Digital does not visit threads like this.
I am aware that PD does not visit their most used forms for their own game, which is really sad. I wish there was a way to get their attention with this, the community is not truly happy with the final product. Yes it is fun, but it does not have the longevity as past titles. My main complaint is actually that there is NO voice chat in lobbies. I understand y they are not in daily (or weekly now) races, but why are they not available in public ones?? It befuddles me.

Dear Polyphony Digital,

I would like to start out with saying I am a huge fan of the developers work. Gran Turismo Sport is a great game, no matter what people say. The graphics are on point and the physics are balanced, both with a controller and a wheel/peddle set. The online racing can be chaotic at times, but fun and exciting over all. I have been a fan since GT4 but first owned GT5 but only truly got into GT6 with tuning and racing (i.e. started taking it seriously, not just for fun). The core mechanics of GT Sport is fantastic over all.

What I am writing (or typing in the instance) is not fan boy-ism or jabs at the devs., but just my thoughts as a fan of a franchise that I love, so please don't rake me over the coals for this.

GT Sport is great to play, but to me and many of my PSN friends feel like there is something not right. To me, personally, it feels as though GTS doesnt know what it want to be, or the devs. don't know what to do at this point. They want a competitive racing game, but not too much so that it throws people off when they are on it. They keep adding street cars (which I'm not mad about btw) even though they are not used in competitions. They neglect Gr.4 and Gr.3 but add Gr.2 and Gr.1. I know adding modern GT cars has its own battle and stipulations when creating a game like this, but i would like to know what they are. Bentley has a great GT 3 car and Chevy races Camaro in GT 4. Ferrari races the 488 instead of the 458 now, and Audi uses the R8 in GT 4. I really wish these cars would be add, but I do not know the stipulations their respective manufactures put in just to have these in the game.

Now, as for tracks. The unique track PD make are quite good, but I know that most if not all my friends would love to see real tracts that we know and love. Tracks the we watch our favorite drivers race around on WEC or IMSA (i speak personally on championship, but hopefully you understand). I have noticed a lack of tracks from the United States on most of the titles, and that is a shame. VIR and Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen International and Sebring. These all are great tracks and all are host in IMSA championships, but I have only seen them when there was a track editor in the game (gt5 and gt6). I truly am sadden by this and I wish they would be added, but i doubt they will be and that is a shame.

Please don't take this as me being rude or getting angry, I just want GT Sport to be greater than it already is, to be the best it could be. I hope someone sees this that could really make my dreams a reality or at least explain why what I have suggested cannot be added in the game. I am not mad or angry, I would just like to know.

Thank you for your time.

p.s.
Racing NASCAR around road circuits was so much fun. Wish they could come back.

I cannot agree with the inclusion of real tracks, some of PD's original tracks are far, far better than real circuits. I wouldnt miss tracks like Fuji and Red Bull Ring, I think Dragon Trail Sainte Croix are much better than the previous. I dont have a problem with real circuits, just the ones PD are including currently. They are leaving places like Atlanta, Laguna Seca, Watkins Glen, Silverstone, Sepang, Paul Ricard, etc which I think most will agree are far better tracks. Plus PD has a host of previous originals that many lifetime GT players would like to see brought back.

In fact Polyphony does visit this site.
I honestly had no idea. I was hoping they do, it fearing they don't. I know they do listen to the community but I have no idea where they get their info from. I'm not really Tec savy lol

There's so many race-ruining private lobby bugs still in the game a year later that I can only conclude lobbies were put in to satisfy people, but not PD's focus at all. They want people funneled into Sport mode as much as possible to keep those matches full of people.

But yeah I agree that there is much left to do with their online. Basic social features that they could've copped from DriveClub like friend time trial leaderboards, online clans, leaderboards that are global and not region-locked, there's so much that could be done to make modes other than Sport races feel like a shared experience.

Back