Dear Polyphony, let me upload my +300MB replays

• Thread starter Tob Racer
  • 8 comments
France
West of France
Tob-Racer
Hello everyone.

I'm posting this here in hope someone from Polyphony would hear me.

In the last couple of months, I've been organizing with @R_Goldstreiff different 2 Hours events replicating races like Le Mans 1967, Le Mans 1989, Nürburgring 24H 2018, Targa Florio... We all had very good fun, the races were extraordinary. We took loads of pictures after our event contemplating the beautiful history of motorsport.

Sadly, a 2 Hours race replay with over 14 drivers can result having a +300MB file. I tried, over and over with my friends to upload the replay. No luck. I used the internet wire to help. As always, the replay stops uploading at around 70% then without any error message I get reset back to my library. No replay uploaded...

These races took me countless hours to organize, making a custom BOP, finding the right liveries, all the historical facts, finding drivers, organizing the race week with Qualifying... Hours and hours. Yes the race we had was very successful, yes we're all happy it went well and it we had so much fun. And yes I'm happy to have a functioning replay. But thanks to the tinny replay storage I'm gonna quickly run out of space. And to save the replay of future races will be impossible unless I delete some of them...

Yes there's Youtube, but the amount of work and time to edit footages is massive. Also I don't have the skills and time to extract hours of footages. I'd like also to go back to these replays just to take some pictures cause that's one of the main point of these races.

So please Polyphony, before I move happily to GT7, I want keep these masterpieces I could go back whenever I want. Please, let me upload my replays.

Toby.

7071302341039751680_0.jpg

Le Mans 2 Hours 1967 2nd edition - 7th June

8511887964655059992_0.jpg

Le Mans 2 Hours 1989 replica race - 21st June

8151598894867841048_0.jpg

Targa Florio tribute race - Sardegna A II - 60 laps - 13th September

5VVlUlO.jpg

Nürburgring 2 Hours 2018 replica race - 22nd November

7431014167538042376_0.jpg

Le Mans 2 Hours 1967 3rd edition - 29th November. LZR_SkyPikmin in the Ford Mark IV #1 as our guest star.

Last edited:
@Tob Racer Have you thought about doing your races in segments? Like doing two 1h race segments instead, it would allow you to upload the replays, and it’s nice to have a small break in really long races anyways. You could even do two 90 min segments and get an even longer race out of it maybe. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies and ideas guys.

Having segments isn't a bad idea. Specially by changing the time of the day. But these events are really made for 2 hours length specially for strategies. It's endurance racing really. It's made for drivers like me who loves to drive over 200 miles in just 2 hours. The fun and the experience are still the most important thing in these events and fortunately, that's successful.

To give you an idea, our 3rd edition of Le Mans 2 Hours, starting with 16 drivers and finishing with 15 with one leaving 3/4, the replay is a staggering 398MB. If the 16th driver didn't leave, we would probably be over 400MB. Divide by 2 because 1 hour length we would probably be at 200MB. From memory you can't upload files over 200MB.

A feature that's missing from GT Sport is the ability to export replay data as save data, which you can then copy to a USB storage device and upload elsewhere to be downloaded and imported back into the game. All previous Gran Turismo games since GT5 Prologue had this feature, why not GT Sport? If the partition for the storage of replay data is limited in the first place, wouldn't it be nice to at least be able to keep some of those replays in other storage while making room for more?

A feature that's missing from GT Sport is the ability to export replay data as save data, which you can then copy to a USB storage device and upload elsewhere to be downloaded and imported back into the game. All previous Gran Turismo games since GT5 Prologue had this feature, why not GT Sport? If the partition for the storage of replay data is limited in the first place, wouldn't it be nice to at least be able to keep some of those replays in other storage while making room for more?

There we go. Amen.
Another feature from previous GTs that didn't make it to the GT Sport... :/

I honestly think it wouldn't make too much work from Polyphony to make a small update just to let us export replays.
Probably better for them cause they might not want to have heavier files on there servers.

Last edited:
Back