Death Valley & Sample Tracks...

• Thread starter 2_FAST_4_U
  • 12 comments
United States
U.S.A.
At one time either it was Tim or VBR brought to the attention of the forum, and for folks like myself that started GT6 late after the online service went down, the sample build tracks that were still available. For those like myself that missed that info there are some pretty interesting sights such as flying aircraft in the air and the rare sight of private planes parked at a private airport like these at Death Valley and other interesting stuff to see at the sample tracks. The various sample tracks are also pretty fun to run on for those that perhaps haven't tried them out or even noticed them yet...

Death Valley Sample Track Private Airport And Aircraft.jpg

Ah, the correct thread: located.

I took a wrong turn in the game today and found that the now useless tutorial mentions arcade mode and even free run providing the sample tracks. I can't remember now, were the sample tracks then in the same listing as the actual user tracks?

tpi_tut4.jpg

Oh and if you were wondering... it's been pointed out elsewhere but you can find the tracks in the Gallery.

You can use them the same as any other track in "Test Drive", there are, however, no leaderboards. And you cannot "race" other cars on them.

I have personally been spending time on Death Valley and Eifel (which I remember from seasonals). Not bad, but makes me miss the ones I created or downloaded from others.

Still CANNOT believe PD did not allow us to keep them. The game still has life, but would have so much more if......if only they were still available. :confused::indiff::ouch:

They allowed us to keep the course creator tracks in GT5, however, we lost all our Museum cards when they shut down the servers (among other things). Makes me wonder what damage they're nonchalantly going to be inflicting on GT Sport players once the next game comes out...

*waiting for the other shoe to drop*

:nervous:

VBR
They allowed us to keep the course creator tracks in GT5, however, we lost all our Museum cards when they shut down the servers (among other things). Makes me wonder what damage they're nonchalantly going to be inflicting on GT Sport players once the next game comes out...

*waiting for the other shoe to drop*

:nervous:
Good point VBR 👍. It will be damage mode for PD to if you can't have them cars you brought with real money from the PS store for GT Sport to the next GT game, because those cars you brought will be in the next game.
It would be good if PD let us transfer stuff from GT Sport to the next game, and that will make a lot of players happy VBR.

Knowing PDI one day they will shut up online from GTS and show us the middle finger like they did with GT5 (Museum cards) and GT6 (track creator and VGT cars)
Once bitten twice shy
I don't trust them anymore and i will never buy a PS5 only for GT7 or any other name they will give to the next game (i don't have a PS4 for the same reason too for me GT series ended with that GT6's VGT "Coming soon" cars that they will never release)

Last edited:
Knowing PDI one day they will shut up online from GTS and show us the middle finger like they did with GT5 (Museum cards) and GT6 (track creator and VGT cars)
Once bitten twice shy
I don't trust them anymore and i will never buy a PS5 only for GT7 or any other name they will give to the next game (i don't have a PS4 for the same reason too for me GT series ended with that GT6's VGT "Coming soon" cars that they will never release)
We just about have to wait & see on what PD does about GT Sport when GT7 get release, who know's PD may let us transfer a lot of stuff from GTS to GT7.

We just about have to wait & see on what PD does about GT Sport when GT7 get release, who know's PD may let us transfer a lot of stuff from GTS to GT7.
They will do what they did to GT5 and GT6 shutting up the online services
And why they should let you transfer stuff from GTS to GT7? It's better for them to make you buy all again from start
See what happened to GT6 that had only part of the VGT cars completed with no interiors and if you wanted the completed cars with interiors you had to buy a new game for a new console not compatible with many of the wheels you had in the past (i bought a G27 one year before the PS4 launch and it's about time for the PS5 to be launched and my G27 still works, why i should change a perfectly working setup only to follow Sony and PDI business?)
Don't trust PDI they are used to tell lies and dissapoint their customers

They will do what they did to GT5 and GT6 shutting up the online services
And why they should let you transfer stuff from GTS to GT7? It's better for them to make you buy all again from start
See what happened to GT6 that had only part of the VGT cars completed with no interiors and if you wanted the completed cars with interiors you had to buy a new game for a new console not compatible with many of the wheels you had in the past (i bought a G27 one year before the PS4 launch and it's about time for the PS5 to be launched and my G27 still works, why i should change a perfectly working setup only to follow Sony and PDI business?)
Don't trust PDI they are used to tell lies and dissapoint their customers
I got a feeling that PD will let you transfer stuff over to a new game, because I have brought a lot of cars at the Playstation store and them cars they will be in the next GT game. The Livery on your cars are most likely to go over as well. If these things that I have mention can not go over to the next new GT game, and boy a lot of brown stuff is going to hit the fan.

I hear that ACC look good but I don't know if I will put the digital version on the PS4 or wait until PS5 comes out ?.

I got a feeling that PD will let you transfer stuff over to a new game, because I have brought a lot of cars at the Playstation store and them cars they will be in the next GT game. The Livery on your cars are most likely to go over as well. If these things that I have mention can not go over to the next new GT game, and boy a lot of brown stuff is going to hit the fan.

I hear that ACC look good but I don't know if I will put the digital version on the PS4 or wait until PS5 comes out ?.
You bought them as DLCs? well DLC cars from GT5 were included in GT6 too but you had to get them again during carrer mode while in GT5 the DLC cars were available in your garage without having to buy them from the retailers... I know cause i bought all DLCs for GT5 and i saw all those cars into GT6 too... I think the same will be for GT7 too... you will restart career from scratch and you will have to get again all cars you had in GTS... It always worked like that in GT series games...
About ACC is a great simulation and now they are expanding the cars from GT3 to GT4 too with more UK tracks coming soon
The only problem being a game linked to a particular championship is the limited amount of cars and tracks but i see that it's not a problem for a F1 game so why should it be a problem for a GT3 game too?

Last edited:
You bought them as DLCs? well DLC cars from GT5 were included in GT6 too but you had to get them again during carrer mode while in GT5 the DLC cars were available in your garage without having to buy them from the retailers... I know cause i bought all DLCs for GT5 and i saw all those cars into GT6 too...
About ACC is a great simulation and now they are expanding the cars from GT3 to GT4 too with more UK tracks coming soon
The only problem being a game linked to a particular championship is the limited amount of cars and tracks but i see that it's not a problem for a F1 game so why should it be a problem for a GT3 game too?
Instead using in game credits, I brought them at the PS store.

Instead using in game credits, I brought them at the PS store.
Yes... Like DLC i bought for GT5 in PS store with real money... that cars were in GT6 too but i didnt had them directly in my garage but i had to restart the career from scracth and buy them again (in game credits this time)
If you had bought some DLC for GTS and those cars will be in GT7 too (it's not sure ofc) then you will not find them in your garage from the start of the game but you will have to get them winning races and using the game credits to buy them...
It wa always like that in GT games and it will be tha same with GT7 too...

Yes... Like DLC i bought for GT5 in PS store with real money... that cars were in GT6 too but i didnt had them directly in my garage but i had to restart the career from scracth and buy them again (in game credits this time)
If you had bought some DLC for GTS and those cars will be in GT7 too (it's not sure ofc) then you will not find them in your garage from the start of the game but you will have to get them winning races and using the game credits to buy them...
It wa always like that in GT games and it will be tha same with GT7 too...
No you would not find them in your garage because they will be at the PS store to re-install them, and I hope PD does let you do that for the next game, but we just have to wait and see. If PD lets you have stuff from GT Sport, it will make a lot of players very happy.

Back