Debating between getting....

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryan81
  • 7 comments
  • 1,041 views
Messages
2,641
A High End Performance G37 or a Mine's R34 Skyline for the tuned car championship? Which would be more competitive? Price-wise, they are the same but the G37 has about 500hp whereas the Mine's 600 (as I said, I want to be competitive rather than dominating the field)
 
I'm doing a Bspec endurance race at the moment so I can't check the figures for the cars, but from what I remember in this champiosnhip it's the AMuse GT1 Turbo that is the fastest AI car. The amuse has roughly 600bhp and weighs around 1100kgs., the Mne's R34 is roughly 600bhp but weighs over 1300kgs, I don't know about the other car you mention, but the Mine's does have a weight disadvantage.

Like I say, I can't check for exact figures, but the Amuse is the car you'll be battling against. There's also other factors to consider like tyres and driving styles / skills, these factors can have as much, if not more, affect on laps times as the natural difference in performance of these cars.

All I can suggest at the moment is buy the one you like, try the championship and if you loose, then slowly and surely tune your car until it becomes competitve and you can have a good race.

If I wasn't doing an endurance race I could check the figures and be more specific, but I can't, sorry. Maybe someone else can advise...

There is, however, another thread on what cars people have used for this race, if you can find that it may be of more help than me!
 
Last edited:
Just wahack a turbo in the veyron.
 
The Mine's is faster but who can resist a TV and PS3 in the back of the G37, which is fast in it's own right! Get the Amuse S2000 though!
 
....am I the only one who thinks the high end car looks hideous? The front end looks like it got shot in the face... then burned.
 
The Mine's will probably just win with utmost of ease. While the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo is insanely fast in the hands of the player, the AI can't drive it anywhere near what you'd consider fast. Furthermore, I haven't seen it participate in the event so far.

If you want a somewhat challenging race, get the G37. It does pretty well, I think. I'd prefer the Amuse 380RS Superleggera or the RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7, though. They just feel better.
 
....am I the only one who thinks the high end car looks hideous? The front end looks like it got shot in the face... then burned.

Yeah, I agree, I keep thinking whether to buy it but everytime I go to the dealer and look at it I just get put off.

It's not just ugly, it just doesn't look 'right', compared to other tuned cars you can buy complete (like the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo, Mine's R34, Amemiya RX7) the G37 looks wrong, I hate to say it, it looks lke it was thrown together without thought.
 
You could win this with ease in a standard GT-R, to be honest just pick the car you like the most, it will be an easy win in most cars.
 
Back