Debut of the Digital BMW M5 in Forza Motorsport 4

• Thread starter Bogie 19th
  • 25 comments
United States
United States
BMW is getting ready to unleash the newest M5 onto the streets, and to celebrate Turn 10 is bringing it to Forza Motorsport 4, the newest game in the award-winning series. The 2012 BMW M5 debuted at an exclusive event called BMW M-Festival, held near the famous Nürburgring circuit during the leadup to the 24 Hours of Nürburgring event. After admiring the new M5 on the dais, party-goers could step up to Turn 10’s game kiosks and drive the M5 for the very first time in Forza 4, piloting the exquisitely rendered M5 around the Nürburgring course that played an integral part in the real-world M5’s development. Turn 10 will be demonstrating the M5’s incredible in-game experience for the entire weekend, allowing visitors to the BMW Hospitality Suite (located in the TUV Tower at the Nürburgring) a chance to pick up a controller and take the 2012 BMW M5 out for a first drive.

BMW_art_1.jpg

It’s clear by just glancing at the newest M-division sedan at the reveal event that it’s something special. If you’ve heard the rumors that the era of increased fuel economy has finally overtaken the blazing-fast M5, know two things: the rumors are true, and you have absolutely nothing to fear. That’s because if there is a problem that skilled engineers can solve, BMW’s all over it. This particular solution involves more power, better driving dynamics, and an increase in fuel economy, all courtesy of the twin-turbocharged (M TwinPower Turbo, in BMW-speak) 4.4-liter V8. This marvel of engineering packs way more torque than the high-revving V10 it replaces, and it’s available way down low; a full 502 ft-lbs. at just 1,500 RPM. Not only is it faster to 60 mph, the handling is as sharp as ever with an entire suite of M-division goodies helping the M5 carve through the corners like a red-hot scalpel through Bavarian butter. The coolest kit of all is the Active M Differential, which can send up to 100 percent of the power to either of the rear wheels, giving supernatural grip in almost all conditions.

Looks have improved too; the newest evolution of the BMW design language fits the large sedan like tailored lederhosen, giving it a lithe and nimble family resemblance to its M3 stablemate. The revised air intakes chug cooling air while providing a balance between aggression and sophistication, echoed in the sculpted hood and flanks, complete with the signature M-division fender grille. This balance extends to the shapely hind end, where large quad exhaust tips are there to prove to anyone in its wake that the M5 is not fooling around. The purposeful look is topped off with large alloy wheels that show off the enormous stoppers. Green-minded driving enthusiasts can rejoice at the addition of technologies like engine start-stop, regenerative braking, and an economy mode for less-thirsty cruising. The M5 has always delivered furious performance in a comfortable and stylish package, but thanks to hard work and technological improvements the new M5 is better in every way. Engineering is truly a wonderful thing.

So how can you put the 2012 M5 in your Forza 4 garage? While the M5 will not ship out with Forza 4 game discs, anyone who owns a copy of Forza 4 will be able to visit the Xbox LIVE marketplace and download the very special “BMW M5 Fan Pack” for free. Downloading this pack will put the 2012 M5 in your garage so you can experience the thrill of the M5’s 560 horsepower on any of the fantastically lifelike in-game tracks. You’ll also get to experience the M5 in the Autovista experience, giving you an exceptionally detailed look at what makes the M5 special. Peek under the hood, or slip inside to fire up the motor and admire the interior—Autovista and Kinect let you do it all. You’ll also get an exclusive BMW theme for your Xbox LIVE Dashboard. Bringing the 2012 BMW M5 to the exciting world of Forza Motorsport is the perfect way to celebrate the unveiling of the fifth generation of one of the best driver’s sedans in the world.

Of course, the ultimate fan will want the “Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Collector’s Edition” set, which features the 2012 BMW M5 as its cover car. The BMW Fan Pack content ships with the Limited Collector’s Edition set, bound in a polished steel DVD case and loaded with special content, including an additional 25 cars from exclusive car packs, “Cars of Forza Motorsport 4 Presented by Top Gear” (a stunning 96-page book that describes in-game cars from the Autovista™ experience and features imagery from game and the Top Gear photo library), and tons more. Visit the Preorder Page for more details.

BMW_art_2.jpg

Finally, if all this talk about BMW’s stellar performance and cutting-edge design gets your creative juices flowing, don’t miss the Forza Motorsport 4 BMW Design Challenge. Turn 10 and BMW are pairing up to bring you a contest designed to test the skills of the talented artists in the Forza Motorsport community. The winning design will be just one of the specially-designed BMW cars available in Forza Motorsport 4 as part of the upcoming Limited Collector’s Edition of the game.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/BMW_M5_FM4/

I must say, that is one nice looking Bimmer. Looks like I will be racing that bad boy around.

I look forward to beating one in my W427, whether that be by virtue of better driving or some minor modifications.

Why does the front remind me of a Mitsu. Lancer Evo?

In any case the car is HOT. Although I really am not a fan of piloting the BMW's I gotta give this sucka a chance for sure.

I hope Turn 10 will include older M5's, and i hope they don't give BMW's advantage the same as Audi's had in F3. Started hating Audi's because of T10.

Why does the front remind me of a Mitsu. Lancer Evo?

In any case the car is HOT. Although I really am not a fan of piloting the BMW's I gotta give this sucka a chance for sure.

Not sure I see the EVO in it, but if I did, it might stem from the front air dam center intake shape.

T10 giving us the F10. Nice.

Honestly, I love the F10 M5. the teinturbo V8 is something I'm a bit undecided about, as I usually liked BMW's high revving NA enginnes, but those numbers speak for themselves.
To me, this is the successor the E39 M5 deserved. I somewhat liked the E60 for what it was (mostly the engine), but really, the design never appealed to me. Now, if they can get the E39 in the game as well, I'll be in BMW heaven, so to sspeak :lol:

By the way:
Downloading this pack will put the 2012 M5 in your garage so you can experience the thrill of the M5’s 560 horsepower on any of the fantastically lifelike in-game tracks.
Please, please, please T10, give me a lifelike Nordschleife this time around. Please!

Looks very, very nice. Like the old BMW's. My parents used to own an E39 530I before it got destroyed by a red light runner. Have to say, I think Turn 10 is having a love fest with BMW this time around.

Just to translate it for you guys:

The commentator's mentioning how it feels significantly more challenging to get a perfect lap in FM4 than it was in FM3, the grip levels seem to be much improved.
Force Feedback is also improved, giving precise feedback of what the car is doing, which makes the game intuitive and good to control.
Overall, with all aids off, the game's much more deemanding and challenging, but it appears to be pretty authentic, fair and controllable at all times.

Don't know the guys who did that hands on, so I don't know whether to take what they said seriously. Then again, it matches well with what ISR said.

Anyways, the game looks great, that's for sure.

You know what, I think I'm going to stop looking at these vids. All it's doing is making me want the game more and more. October can't get here fast enough.

Holy cow, autovista is so awesome to behold. :embarrassed:

Also, I like the way the M5 understeered and then snap the tail out to the grass when the player lost it, looks like the handling is much more sharper than in FM3. Nice. 👍

Holy cow, autovista is so awesome to behold. :embarrassed:

Also, I like the way the M5 understeered and then snap the tail out to the grass when the player lost it, looks like the handling is much more sharper than in FM3. Nice. 👍

I like it ONLY if that's what it would do in real life. If I fly to Germany and rent this BMW and hit the track and this doesn't happen I'll be mad. I don't want a "it must be real because see how hard it is" game. I want reality.

I like it ONLY if that's what it would do in real life. If I fly to Germany and rent this BMW and hit the track and this doesn't happen I'll be mad. I don't want a "it must be real because see how hard it is" game. I want reality.

You are better off just driving the real car the way you want to drive it when you rent it. Don't expect a video game to reproduce your experience driving the real thing.

Keyword: Rented: Otherwise known as abuse like hell. Have no regard for. lol

Prepare to pay one hefty amount of money to rent an M5 without anyone observing you, especially if you're just on a vacation in Germany... Also, lots of rent-a-car companies have the contracts set up so you'll have to pay for damage you caused. At least they did, when a few friends of mine worked for them :lol:

Otherwise, true, and great plan 👍

Prepare to pay one hefty amount of money to rent an M5 without anyone observing you, especially if you're just on a vacation in Germany... Also, lots of rent-a-car companies have the contracts set up so you'll have to pay for damage you caused. At least they did, when a few friends of mine worked for them :lol:

Otherwise, true, and great plan 👍

I remember when I rented a car while I was on leave in NY. I was VERY young at the time and me and my friends went hanging out. Man we abused the hell outta that car. I mean sparks were flying from underneath it and everything when we hit certain streets. I was so nervous for the next day , because it was a cheap car, that it would have been in pieces. When I woke up and went to get in the car and see what I did the best thing that could have happen to me happened , the car was stolen. lol. Man I don't even know why they would want to steal that piece of crap.

Back