Decals appearing different?

• Thread starter NiceTry
  • 14 comments
United States
United States
MarshmallowMan45
Hi all, I use inkscape and haven't had any issues. I just recently made my first decal that changes colors. It fades from grey to transparent back to grey and back and forth. It has a white background so it looks like it goes grey to white then back and forth. In inkscape i use the "linear gradient" feature. when i upload it, it looks correct. But in the game its a black background. Anybody know what im doing wrong?
nascar race car correct.png
nascar race car wrong.jpg

Inkscape likes to add a lot of unnecessary properties to the SVG code which is not standard to the schema and therefore not supported by other applications.
I'm betting that if you open it in a tezt editor you will see properties like "sodipodi".

You'll either have to edit these in a different program or edit the text by hand.

i tried editing the file multiple times but couldn't get anything to change. Just made it one color background. If anyone wants to pm me and help me i would appreciate that. Thank you for the tips!

Look at the links Matski posted again, that's what helped me get my head around them in the early days.

You'll need to edit the gradients in Notepad/TextEdit removing any 'Matrix Transform' data and manually correcting the coordinates of the gradient. Theres lots of info on the W3C site regarding the correct code format for SVGs.

Alternatively post your files in the SVG request thread and ask somebody to make the changes for you 👍

I used a linear gradient in my frosties logo made with the help of Inkscape, so it does work.

upload_2018-10-23_12-14-53.png

The most important points are listed in @eclipsee quotes that @MatskiMonk posted earlier.

Here's what mine looks like. I didn't see the matrix transform. I tried deleting the "metadata" still didn't change anything. Yeah i looked at the request thread and not opposed to it I just wanna figure out the problem haha. Thank you all for the help.
nascar race car file.png

Here's what mine looks like. I didn't see the matrix transform. I tried deleting the "metadata" still didn't change anything. Yeah i looked at the request thread and not opposed to it I just wanna figure out the problem haha. Thank you all for the help. View attachment 776214
Hi.
You file is full of « g transform » matrix or translate. The game doesn’t recognize these functions. Try to use SVGOMG with a precision of 1 or 2. It will usually keep most of the details of your decal but delete these functions.

Wow, that's some messy SVG code, no wonder it's not working and looking at the way it's been generated it's not a quick fix.

Normally, the coordinates for each shape are relative to a fixed point (IE 0,0). In your file you've got coordinates, then the transform is moving those coordinates relative to another point. The coordinates for the gradient is drawn relative to the origin and doesn't have the same transforms (not that GT Sport would recognise them).

Hi.
You file is full of « g transform » matrix or translate. The game doesn’t recognize these functions. Try to use SVGOMG with a precision of 1 or 2. It will usually keep most of the details of your decal but delete these functions.
I tried the SVGOMG and it did make it like half the size of the original file, but it looks very messy now but then again i've never done any kind of code like this so maybe it did what it was supposed to.
I think it's also not helped by the fact the gradient definitions use xlink either.
I tried deleting the xlink as well and it made the file where i couldn't open it. I also looked at that link you put and i can't figure out how to get it to download.
Wow, that's some messy SVG code, no wonder it's not working and looking at the way it's been generated it's not a quick fix.

Normally, the coordinates for each shape are relative to a fixed point (IE 0,0). In your file you've got coordinates, then the transform is moving those coordinates relative to another point. The coordinates for the gradient is drawn relative to the origin and doesn't have the same transforms (not that GT Sport would recognise them).
I've never done any kind of coding so i'm really not sure how to do that.

nascar race car file 2.png

Also, sorry guys i'm new to this so i don't know much about all the codes and stuff.

I tried deleting the xlink as well and it made the file where i couldn't open it. I also looked at that link you put and i can't figure out how to get it to download.

Don't worry, I've just tested that extension and it didn't work anyway. It works in getting rid of the transforms on objects, but it doesn't do the same for the gradient fills.

Back