decals for specific locations

• Thread starter GTdesigns
  • 2 comments
United States
United States
I've seen, for example, someone made a decal for around the grill on Aston martin cars. How do I go about making similar decals? Not for the aston martin but for say the super formula. I'd like to make a decal that traces the left and right sides of the nose. From the cockpit forward. I'm tired of doing that by hand in livery editor. Or any other area/vehicle specific that I come up with?

I've seen, for example, someone made a decal for around the grill on Aston martin cars. How do I go about making similar decals? Not for the aston martin but for say the super formula. I'd like to make a decal that traces the left and right sides of the nose. From the cockpit forward. I'm tired of doing that by hand in livery editor. Or any other area/vehicle specific that I come up with?
I'm sure there are many different ways , but i made these by taking a scape of the car in GTS, transferring the image to my PC ,loading it up in an image editing application, cutting around the area I want, putting that into inkscape, making it an svg. You then have to use a bit of trial and error, manually moving nodes so the svg fits back on the car in the right area.

upload_2021-2-8_18-52-52.png

I'm sure there are many different ways , but i made these by taking a scape of the car in GTS, transferring the image to my PC ,loading it up in an image editing application, cutting around the area I want, putting that into inkscape, making it an svg. You then have to use a bit of trial and error, manually moving nodes so the svg fits back on the car in the right area.

View attachment 990363

I'll try that, thanks!

Back