Decals Not Showing Up In-Game

• Thread starter YOYOY2K
  • 16 comments
United States
United States
I've used Inkscape to create some SVG decals and uploaded them via the Decal Uploader. They are visible online in my decals list, however, once I jump into GT Sport to apply them to my car they don't show up. The decal file is there, but the decal itself is invisible/plain not there. I've searched around for different answers, but I can't seem to solve my issue. I've tried different online file converters as well -- no luck.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I've used Inkscape to create some SVG decals and uploaded them via the Decal Uploader. They are visible online in my decals list, however, once I jump into GT Sport to apply them to my car they don't show up. The decal file is there, but the decal itself is invisible/plain not there. I've searched around for different answers, but I can't seem to solve my issue. I've tried different online file converters as well -- no luck.

Either try getting them through SVGOMG, or open them in inkscape and copy/paste everything into a brand new file, save and upload that one. It should work ;)

Whatever you are doing, the SVGs you are creating are not valid.

Have a read through this thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...o-make-svg-request-in-separate-thread.361630/

The same thing is happening to me, how ever my decals show up in game as question mark in my decals selection list and when selected they are invisible. The svg image is visible when I upload via the GT community website. I even tried to upload older decals I currently have just to check and make sure i'm not doing anything different in the newer ones, but the same thing happens.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, Thanks!

(No worries just solved it, I switched to my Microsoft edge browser instead of using chrome, chrome was the problem, hope that helps anyone else having similar issues:)👍)

The same thing is happening to me, how ever my decals show up in game as question mark in my decals selection list and when selected they are invisible. The svg image is visible when I upload via the GT community website. I even tried to upload older decals I currently have just to check and make sure i'm not doing anything different in the newer ones, but the same thing happens.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, Thanks!

(No worries just solved it, I switched to my Microsoft edge browser instead of using chrome, chrome was the problem, hope that helps anyone else having similar issues:)👍)

The same thing was happening to me. I changed browsers, and everything works fine now. Thanks a lot!

Had the same problem, but I solved it by dumping the SVG file into SVGOMG and then uploading it to GT Sport. Worked fine :)

Literally none of these work for me and I am getting annoyed. I have tried everything and I still have the same problem.
Attach one of your SVGs that doesn't work and we can have a look at it.

Tried this. I followed all the steps. and its still invisible on gt. I also tried to upload it on Microsoft edge instead of chrome, but it still didn't work.
I've just done this:
Select your text
Path > object to path
Select the paths
Resize to selection (Ctrl+maj+R)
Save as > optimized svg

(It didn't work without the resizing part I don't know why)

Attachments

• OJ CLUB SAFETY CAR.svg
    7.7 KB · Views: 38
Attach one of your SVGs that doesn't work and we can have a look at it.
Hi daan,

Very long time, no chat. I hope you are well. I'm struggling with a decal as described above. could you possibly check this one out? Ive converted from PNG to SVG but it shows nothing. It is a white logo. I'll upload both SVG and PNG files

It doesnt even show anything in the SVGOMG thing

Attachments

• Logo-Dark-Test (1).png
    Logo-Dark-Test (1).png
    6.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Logo-Dark-Test-_1_.svg
    438 bytes · Views: 11
Last edited:
By what method?

(I'm on my tablet just now so can't check the svg.)
Apologies for my delayed response. I became a dad the very next day.

I used a website that converts formats 'Convertio' It works when the image is black, but not white. Thank you for responding. I have found another way since asking, but if others are having the same issues perhaps there is a solution.

Back