Deep Appreciation for the Work PD Has Put into GT7

South Africa
South Africa
MarwaanZA0
I watched the recent GT7 vs Forza graphics breakdown by Digital Foundry, and I'm blown away by the level of detail and accuracy PD puts into their cars and tracks.

The trees, the tarmac, the weather, the trackside details - everything comes together to simulate an actual race day. Taking this even further and considering the physics, Sophy AI, the Playstation VR capabilities, the sound capture, the amount of cars and courses - no wonder it's one of the games I've spent the most time in. Racing in GT7 is the closest full racing experience we can have outside of actual racing.

Seeing a direct comparison between how Polyphony Digital has approached Gran Turismo vs how Turn 10 has approached Forza Motorsport, it's clear that it's not as easy as just putting a development team together and producing a series of races or tracks. Every detail of the game requires creative direction, attention to detail, trade-offs, and passion for the subject matter.

It's difficult to appreciate all of this work when we look at the game in isolation - but a comparison like this really highlights the effort put behind every decision. I forward to seeing what both teams do next.

What are the details you've come to appreciate?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back