Deep PurpleMusic 

Messages
610
Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone has seen Deep Purple in concert, there playing in Toronto tonight and i was hoping my parents would surprise me with tickets but i think its a bit late for that now...

Anyways if you have what did you think of it and what songs did they play? i heard they were just playing songs from Machine Head
 
smoke on the water
it think i havnt seen them in concert but thats who wrote smoke on the water till black sabbith stole it or vica versa
 
umm i think i read somewhere that deep purple wrote it, then deep purples singer went to black sabbath, and then black sabbath did it...then the singer went back to deep purple or something along those lines...someone correct me if im wrong...but im pretty sure i read it somewhere


EDIT: i believe the singer was ian gillian
 
Yeah, Ian Gillan was the vocalist on Black Sabbath's 1983 smash hit Born Again. Actually, it's probably the worst Sabbath album ever recorded. It was Gillan's only album with Sabbath I believe.

I bet Black Sabbath stole it from Deep Purple, if in fact it was stolen.
 
They're using Steve Morse instead of Richie Blackmore. Oh well. Steve is OK, but I would have loved to see Richie on tour with them.

I hope they play the long version of Perfect Strangers. I love that song.
 
well i didnt get to go :(, i would have loved to hear highway star or smoke on the water, but oh well

i cant wait until AC DC comes next year on their world tour :D
 
AC DC are gonna be great hope they come to calgary ... probably not....
 
yeah if they come to toronto i hope they play at the air canada center...the skydome sucks for concerts because they do like a skytent thing where they cut the skydome in half with a big tarp sort of thing and it sounds really strange in there
 
I have on a video somewhere, that Richie Blackmore was said the Eric Clapton couldnt play a guitar, might have been a Fender special I think
 
Back