Default car features||Sport/Race modes on?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mani_23
  • 6 comments
  • 764 views
Messages
554
I just had a question on how PD recreate many vehicles with a sport mode..
Take for example the BMW M5, Pressing M mode is like driving a whole other car. Does PD model and base the cars with all these race/sport switches on?
I Generally believe this may be the case, but its an interesting thought that past my head..

The second thought I had was, Does the game acknowledge default spoilers/wings? It seems to me you can only really tune the ones bought from GTAuto, at the same time, I dont think the game really recognizes these default spoilers, and the only way you can really get more downforce is from bought spoilers. As for that, another default feature is the 4WD torque sensor. On almost all sport 4WD cars now they have this, but in the game you need to buy it for cars like the GTR and The Impreza, Maybe cars that dont have this should be required to have it bought for (Older AWD cars). Another thing that I wonder about is if the game recognizes turbos, because for many cars that already have turbos, your able to again put on more, and while this is somewhat possible on some cars, It makes me wonder if they should just have one of the turbos marked down (One that the car already has)
 
I just had a question on how PD recreate many vehicles with a sport mode..
Take for example the BMW M5, Pressing M mode is like driving a whole other car. Does PD model and base the cars with all these race/sport switches on?
I Generally believe this may be the case, but its an interesting thought that past my head..

The second thought I had was, Does the game acknowledge default spoilers/wings? It seems to me you can only really tune the ones bought from GTAuto, at the same time, I dont think the game really recognizes these default spoilers, and the only way you can really get more downforce is from bought spoilers. As for that, another default feature is the 4WD torque sensor. On almost all sport 4WD cars now they have this, but in the game you need to buy it for cars like the GTR and The Impreza, Maybe cars that dont have this should be required to have it bought for (Older AWD cars). Another thing that I wonder about is if the game recognizes turbos, because for many cars that already have turbos, your able to again put on more, and while this is somewhat possible on some cars, It makes me wonder if they should just have one of the turbos marked down (One that the car already has)

There are cars that come stock with it's own AWD torque distribution switch, the newer WRX STi hatch is one of those.

I believe there are stock aerodynamic settings from certain cars that you can tweak, at least it definitely was that way back in GT4.
 
I just had a question on how PD recreate many vehicles with a sport mode..
Take for example the BMW M5, Pressing M mode is like driving a whole other car. Does PD model and base the cars with all these race/sport switches on?
I Generally believe this may be the case, but its an interesting thought that past my head..

The second thought I had was, Does the game acknowledge default spoilers/wings? It seems to me you can only really tune the ones bought from GTAuto, at the same time, I dont think the game really recognizes these default spoilers, and the only way you can really get more downforce is from bought spoilers. As for that, another default feature is the 4WD torque sensor. On almost all sport 4WD cars now they have this, but in the game you need to buy it for cars like the GTR and The Impreza, Maybe cars that dont have this should be required to have it bought for (Older AWD cars). Another thing that I wonder about is if the game recognizes turbos, because for many cars that already have turbos, your able to again put on more, and while this is somewhat possible on some cars, It makes me wonder if they should just have one of the turbos marked down (One that the car already has)


It would be cool if we could map a button on the controller to switch between modes.
 
I remember seeing on top gear an M5 which had three settings. the top with about 500BHP. From memory the M5 in GT5 has about 509.
 
I remember seeing on top gear an M5 which had three settings. the top with about 500BHP. From memory the M5 in GT5 has about 509.

These settings also change suspension, I think it would only be logical for PD to create the cars the fastest it can possibly be.. But its interesting to think about maybe PD including minimal suspension/tuning changing in the form that the car already has.
 
It would be cool if we could map a button on the controller to switch between modes.

This would defenitely be convenient/useful with the R/A function with the DF:GT. For cars like the GTR and the M5s setting on-off are two different vehicles. It could also make you able to attend lower HP races.

There are cars that come stock with it's own AWD torque distribution switch, the newer WRX STi hatch is one of those.

I believe there are stock aerodynamic settings from certain cars that you can tweak, at least it definitely was that way back in GT4.

Its just a few cars I had where aerodynamics wouldn't show up, so I bought a spoiler and obviously I could tweak that. I was under the assumption maybe the game only recognizes these aerodynamic parts when their purchased rather then stock. I'll have to further investigate next time..
 
A few cars don't have adjustable aero even though they should. The Viper ACR has a big bad wing, yet you need to put on a GTAUTO one to change the downforce. Also, I wish some cars like the Enzo had more aero options.
 
Back