Default carbon fiber parts [Livery editor]

• Thread starter GhostChild
  • 13 comments
El_GhostChild
It wasn't my intention to create a thread for this since it seems a minor issue but I haven't seen anything related to this anywhere.

When you create a new livery for a car you want to paint it in a specific color, all parts got painted in that tone. There are some black matte or carbon fiber parts of the original car that got painted the color you choose.

Why they don't let us allow to leave those "other parts" with the original color or texture? Is there any way to do it? This issue really went to light when I was customizing the Countach. Now with the Diablo GT it will erase some carbon fiber bits and use the color you choosed instead. I think that's not right at all.

Here are some comparison examples since I wanted to paint the Diablo GT in orange but wanted the carbon fiber texture to remain, but it was not posible. I don't know if you can see the carbon texture in the yellow one but it's there. In the orange one the bits are painted in black by myself to try to match the original.
downloadfile-3.jpg
downloadfile-4.jpg
downloadfile-5.jpg
downloadfile-6.jpg
downloadfile-7.jpg
downloadfile-8.jpg

downloadfile-9.jpg
downloadfile-10.jpg

Last edited:
The only (time consuming) way around it would be to wrap the entire car in the colour you want with decals, avoiding the areas to keep the original carbon.
Obviously one other big drawback is not being able to use any custom colours

The only (time consuming) way around it would be to wrap the entire car in the colour you want with decals, avoiding the areas to keep the original carbon.
Obviously one other big drawback is not being able to use any custom colours

It would be hard work to do with successful results I think, but yeah maybe I could try this option. I thought that in the begining but for some reason I thought It won't work well. It is really ridiculous because we had not this problem in GT6.

My solution is to put carbon fiber decals. That's what I did for the Diablo.

I use this one ; https://www.gran-turismo.com/fr/gtsport/user/my-library/all/decal/3536029/4981628815457386512

Yes thank you, I have already some of them from other people. I have't used it yet but I imagine the result when looking at it won't be the same as the original.

Also does anybody know if there's some black matte in the game? I've not seen it yet in the mileage exchange, there are only dark greys.

It’s easy to do and works very well. I’ve done it many times, for example when making a Rothmans livery I painted the car in special paint gold and then wrapped the whole lot white apart from the thin gold stripe I needed

I find carbon fibre a pain in the ahem to create as you can't enlarge it or it just looks stupid afterwards

Personally I don’t see the point in messing around with it, you can’t see it during a race any way

It’s easy to do and works very well. I’ve done it many times, for example when making a Rothmans livery I painted the car in special paint gold and then wrapped the whole lot white apart from the thin gold stripe I needed

That's a clever way to do it certainly. Ok I'll try it then but I'm not sure if metallic and pearl finish options were available to paint liveries. As I remember there were matte, semi matte and normal. So the kind of orange I want would be not posible. I'm not at home now so I can't check it out.
12-10-25-autostadt-wolfsburg-by-RalfR-31.jpg

Personally I don’t see the point in messing around with it, you can’t see it during a race any way
You're right, but I'm one of those strange guys that enjoy watching replays after a race as much as racing itself. Also one of the main reasons I always choose GT over other racing titles is for it's visuals.

Sorry double posting..

Back