Definitely will be starting the game again

• Thread starter Gamerwillz
  • 17 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Gamerwillz
... you know why! There are good reasons to. Especially the Spec 2.0 update and the DLC, for me it's worth starting the game again to experience the game with all the goodies added in!

For my own reason, I started the game with the controller and bought a steering wheel in the half way so I would like to go through again with the wheel. (Wheel is so much better!)

Anyone want to start again?

Why restart completely when you could just go through and do all of the races again? Doesn't make sense..

I'm half and half to be honest..If they dish out a LOT more experience points I'll go for it!

Why restart completely when you could just go through and do all of the races again? Doesn't make sense..

The thrill of starting with a cheap car and upgrading it slowly as you progress through races is something that you can really experience only when starting over.

I sort of had already on a different user name. But yes, I might do it all over again if there is a significant improving with AI. Also, stay away from seasonal events when you restart, it will just ruin it.

The thrill of starting with a cheap car and upgrading it slowly as you progress through races is something that you can really experience only when starting over.

True, but. You can replicate that if you set your self a budget and stay true to it. I do it all the time to keep the racing close.

I was wondering if I was the only one thinking about doing this. I created a new GTP_ name in respect to our awesome forum, and love for GT5. Even if there is no XP overhaul, seasonal events will get you back up quickly. It's the perfect time to do it!

Im thinking about it too but only if the AI will be improved. I find no point doing it again if I will just win every race easily

The addition of online racing basically killed any motivation I had to progress through the traditional GT A-spec mode completely.

Especially when organized online racing provides real competition instead of the contrived "races" / high-speed AI parades of the single player GT experience.

The AI will not be improved enough in Spec II to justify going back because the entire game design of A-spec, back into the GT1 days, obliges the player to bring an overpowered car to win outright and collect the podium trophies and check off tickboxes. There is no game design element in Gran Turismo to give you a complete career experience by finishing "realistically" like having a 5th place, 2nd place, 4th place, and the odd win, and being able to progress through the game like that.

Finishing on the podium in offline GT is not an accomplishment, it is expected by the very game design and how the progression is setup.

I hope they move away from this for GT6.

The addition of online racing basically killed any motivation I had to progress through the traditional GT A-spec mode completely.

Especially when organized online racing provides real competition instead of the contrived "races" / high-speed AI parades of the single player GT experience.

The AI will not be improved enough in Spec II to justify going back because the entire game design of A-spec, back into the GT1 days, obliges the player to bring an overpowered car to win outright and collect the podium trophies and check off tickboxes. There is no game design element in Gran Turismo to give you a complete career experience by finishing "realistically" like having a 5th place, 2nd place, 4th place, and the odd win, and being able to progress through the game like that.

Finishing on the podium in offline GT is not an accomplishment, it is expected by the very game design and how the progression is setup.

I hope they move away from this for GT6.

Would you prefer, for example, a persistant "online A-Spec" where every single race had parameters and, rather than AI, you raced against other players (with AI filling spaces) as an alternative to the current set up?

I'm not questioning your choice, just wondering if you had an alternative.

True, but. You can replicate that if you set your self a budget and stay true to it. I do it all the time to keep the racing close.
Self-restraint isn't fun.

I'd say create another account (though it might take away the feeling of completely starting over) if you don't want to practice self-restraint. It's just more practical creating a separate account or completely starting over. It takes that extra bit away from actually having to do events.

Would you prefer, for example, a persistant "online A-Spec" where every single race had parameters and, rather than AI, you raced against other players (with AI filling spaces) as an alternative to the current set up?

I'm not questioning your choice, just wondering if you had an alternative.
I think if the game had a competent "driver rating" system that penalized you for reckless driving (by sending you to a couple mandatory license tests before you could race in ranked events again), that is entirely possible.

The guys at Polyphony are obviously trying to change how driver progression works in A-spec, hence the interesting but flawed XP system in this game.

We'll see what they do.

If Spec II drastically changes the experience, I'll start over with another account I have. Outside of that, I'll keep working towards Level 40.

But you're only achieving what you've already achieved. Therefore, where's the sense of achievement? It's like going on a first date again with your wife in order to rekindle the romance - you've already been to 4th base and know what's there, so there'll never be any mystery or surprise.

Back