Definitive answer needed, 3 screen support?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Safoo
  • 16 comments
  • 2,668 views
Messages
1,765
Canada
North America
Messages
Safoo71
1st, I did the search in the forum but I couldn't find a definitive answer. Does gt5 support 3 screen view? Taken as a given that it's not at all common to have 3 ps3's and 3 tv's , but has someone tried to get this to work, if so how did you do it? Change ip address so they match?

Any help appreciated.
 
I am not sure if you even know what you are talking about. 3 PS3 with identical IP address will give you an IP conflict.

3 PS3, 3 GT5, 3 TV, you can get 3 individual games going.

1 PS3, 1 GT5, 3 TV, with a signal splitter. 1 game broadcast on 3 TVs.

PS3 only has 1 video output so that's the answer right there.
 
I am not sure if you even know what you are talking about. 3 PS3 with identical IP address will give you an IP conflict.

3 PS3, 3 GT5, 3 TV, you can get 3 individual games going.

1 PS3, 1 GT5, 3 TV, with a signal splitter. 1 game broadcast on 3 TVs.

PS3 only has 1 video output so that's the answer right there.

Thx...

I should have been more specific,

Set up would = 3ps3's, 3 tv's, 3 gt5's, internet switch , router...

Trying to do some home work to find out if gt5 is even capable of running on 3 screens...homework was never my strong suit:dunce:
 
What are you trying to achieve?

The middle TV as a normal view and two side TVs imitating the side windows in the car?

In that case, no, you can't do it.
 
man, im pretty sure ive seen videos where there are 3 screen setups.
dont remember if it was a GT5 video, but those are the only videos i usually check out.

That would be cooooool though
 
You could technically do it at an online lobby but playing offline would be impossible. The iLink cable did wonders in the PS2. Also you will need a good internet connection and set connection speed limit so one of PS3's doesn't hog the connection.

With the iLink all you needed was another PS2 and another TV and that would get rid of the split screen, it was great

1 Game + 2 PS2 + 2 TVs = great offline races
 
Last edited:
man, im pretty sure ive seen videos where there are 3 screen setups.
dont remember if it was a GT5 video, but those are the only videos i usually check out.

That would be cooooool though

The video you saw was most likely for forza. I have a 3 screen forza setup with computer monitors. Wish it would work on gt5 :boggled:
 
I saw a guy do this with Prologue. I believe it was on Gizmodo or some such. Keep looking.
Kaffeine
 
man, im pretty sure ive seen videos where there are 3 screen setups.
dont remember if it was a GT5 video, but those are the only videos i usually check out.

That would be cooooool though

You can do it in Forza... that's probably what you've seen.

As stated you need 3 of everything - including DLC packs.

Apparently it's pretty cool to play on but I guess it's a project for people who've got plenty of money to play with. At £100 per XBox, £250 per TV you've spent £1050 before you even add the software.
 
Seeing how this was possible with GT3 & GT4 on the PS2, I'd be really surprised if they didn't include this feature on GT5 & the PS3...

but then again, much of what they left out of GT5 has surprised me. :lol:
 
What are you trying to achieve?

The middle TV as a normal view and two side TVs imitating the side windows in the car?

In that case, no, you can't do it.

That was the hope.

Thx
 
Seeing how this was possible with GT3 & GT4 on the PS2, I'd be really surprised if they didn't include this feature on GT5 & the PS3...

but then again, much of what they left out of GT5 has surprised me. :lol:

I hear you on that one. Much to love, much to question.

Appreciate the input
 
Back