Definitive, single, list?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jwdavistx
  • 7 comments
  • 713 views
Messages
3
Messages
jwdavis
Let me preface this by saying I'm late to GT5, and have only been playing for a few days. Additionally, I'm a programmer with a lot of free time.

GTPlanet seems to be the place for info about the game, but the information that could answer a great many questions seems a bit disparate. Is there a single place where I might find a single list that has everything that all of the individual lists has?

I'd like to put create a little utility to help look-up this kind of information, but I need to get all of the information first, and thought someone may be able to point me in the right direction? I'm looking to make an all-inclusive, simple app for looking-up all these questions that I have, and that lots of other people have too.

Perhaps such a utility already exists and someone could point me towards that?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask.
 
It depends exactly what you're looking for, but the nearest thing we have is the GT5 Matrix.

Welcome to :gtplanet:
 
:tup:Sounds good, make sure you keep us all posted on how your getting on.
 
The matrix is good. Alot of the other info is in stickies. For the rest we use the search. When and if you complete one, thatll be nice for new comers. Might be best to set one and link the info like the tune list for all cars. Adrenaline did a good job. Click on the car and you go to the tune and discussion for the car.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=198751
 
The matrix definitely provides a great starting place. Thanks.

Is there any information that relates to the various gains from parts? For example, does adding a supercharger always add X horsepower, or is it something indeterminable? Additionally, I haven't been able to find a list that informs as to whether or not a particular modification can be performed.

I have quite a few questions, but I'm trying to keep things somewhat narrow for now.

I think I should just start working with what I have, and as things progress (and if there's any interest), I can worry about fleshing out the details.
 
How much power/torque a supercharger will add depends on a massive varient of things that will change with each engine (car model), the same goes for all of the other parts.

Obviously for example a car with a 1.0L engine will only gain very small ammounts of power from upgrades, where as a bigger engine car such as a 6.0L would gain a lot more from upgrades.
 
Back