Degner Curve mayhem.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZEROX
  • 16 comments
  • 3,423 views
Messages
3,989
Malaysia
Area 10
Messages
Valkyrize92
Well, i think most of you know where the Degner Curve is.
For you who don't know, it's located at Suzuka Circuit, the 2 corner before entering the bridge/tunnel.

Now, has somebody have a problem with this corner in GT5?
By 'problem', i don't mean dislike that corner.
What i mean is has someone have overshoot the outside kerb or running out the kerb.

It's an interesting corner though. Fast flow with some challenge.
I'd a crash several time at that degner. Mostly looks like Heiki and Buemi crash during the 2009 F1 qualy...lol. I also get alot of wheelspin when i was about to exit the corner and enter the tunnel which end up drifting.
Oh, i used the NSX GT500 and some race car, not the normal car btw.

Maybe i'm just a noob driver afterall...haha.
Has anybody encounter this yet?

If the mod decide to lock this, it's okay.
 
Last edited:
It's very easy to make a mistake there, turn in earlier than you think for Degner 1 and take plenty of apex for Degner 2.
Try not to touch the kerb between Degner 1 and 2.
 
It's a bit like a tighter version of the Lesmos on Monza, run in reverse:nervous:

I still remember consistently overshooting Degner 1 on my hotlaps in Prologue.
 
I have overshot both corners countless times, Degner 1 is one of my favourite corners in the game and very rewarding when you get it right yet Degner 2 is much more of a challenge IMO to get right and to keep good a rhythm through, love D1, D2 not so much.
 
It has a great flow to it, I haven't crashed there before, I've drifted though.
 
I have overshot both corners countless times, Degner 1 is one of my favourite corners in the game and very rewarding when you get it right yet Degner 2 is much more of a challenge IMO to get right and to keep good a rhythm through, love D1, D2 not so much.

I can't decide between Degner and Casio Triangle as my favourite corners.
You may not agree with me on Casio though.
I've never been able the take a wider line on Spoon though, too easy to make a mistake, so I take a tighter line.
 
It's very easy to make a mistake there, turn in earlier than you think for Degner 1 and take plenty of apex for Degner 2.
Try not to touch the kerb between Degner 1 and 2.


I try not to touch the outsidekerb on D1. But i touch the inside kerb though. But again, sometime, i forgot about the kerb and just flow with the speed. :D
Just before entering D2, i love to slam the throttle first and drifting along. lol.
But will miss alot of time. :p
 
These are very hard corners to master, particularly in faster cars. Just ask all the F1 drivers that have crashed there over the years.
 
These are very hard corners to master, particularly in faster cars. Just ask all the F1 drivers that have crashed there over the years.

Yup.
Just see the 2009 qualy. Messed up.
The thing is not just about the run-off. But the outside kerb is not long enough too.
I tend to spin after hiting the grass just after...well, like i said the kerb is not long enough.
But anyhow, it was fun and challenging. 👍
 
Do not worry if you fail at these turns as even the pros who get paid millions also fail. The Degner turns are one of my favourite turns in the game, and very hard to get right. The feeling is awesome when you do though.

For Degner 1 you want little to no exit kerb, so your car is stable for Degner 2. For this take as much apex kerb as you can and run fairly wide, but of course not too wide. :)
 
I love it as well, it's a turn where you gain massively attacking it but also comes with a high risk if you fail.
 
If you can keep it off the gravel running the outside kerb can actually make you faster through both curves. I tend to mess up on the 2nd Degner, I clip the inside kerb and either end up drifting or spinning, depending on the car.
 
I love the degners, but they're very difficult. The spoon is difficult too, too easy to overshoot the first part.
 
I like the feeling you get when you take both of the Degner corners just right. Getting the power down at the correct moment on the 2nd Degner feels good too.
 
It's frustrating with the X1 when you cut the first Degner while trying to anticipate it. I did that so many times. It's a very difficult corner to master since most of the time you either go in too fast and go a bit wide or be a bit more cautious and don't take it as quickly as you could have.
 
It's a better turn than I am a driver... lol

Very tough curve, but satisfying when you nail it. 👍

A nice feature I'd like to see in future GT's would be a walk-through option at tracks like Suzuka, with commentary at various corners from different drivers.
 
If it's the section i'm thinking of, inexperienced Bobs struggle with it too, I had to keep pacing him down for the second part in one race because he kept running off and spinning.
 
Back