Deleted ps3 Account...All my progress gone!

  • Thread starter Thread starter RacerTed
  • 17 comments
  • 2,730 views
Messages
141
United States
Ohio
Messages
tjpcep95
Merry Christmas all!

New here a d apparently not all that ps3 savvy. My 13 year old son deleted my account somehow or other or just deleted my progress and I have. O idea what to do.

Another guy in another thread told me that I could get it all back from a back up folder but I don't know where to find that.

Also, before this happened, I tried to do a two player battle with another of my kids but could only get one controller to work at a time. We could both select the car we wanted and make any adjustments we wanted but when the light went green only one car would go.

I even reassigned the controllers and then the other car would go but not both!

Thanks for listening!

Ted
 
Is the other controller a DS2? I do not think that DS2s work with racing, as the same thing happens to me. As for the save, go to the XMB, then go over to "Game", then go up to "Saved data utility" and see if there is a backup drive there with your data. If there isn't, you could try putting it on your PC and see what you can do. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.
 
I don't know what DS2 means. I bought another controller just like the one that came with the console.

This actually happened when we first got the thing last Christmas and I think all I had to do was restart the console, that didn't do it this time.

Where exactly do I find the XMB?😄

Thanks!
 
DS2s aren't compatible in any way with a PS3.. I don't even..


@RacerTed. If your account wasn't deleted after all, your backup will be located in Game - Saved Data Utility (PS3)

If the account WAS deleted.. You're probably going to have to start again. Though I've never tried deleting my account, mostly because that would be insanity with how many hours I've logged in GT5. So I couldn't tell you for sure, but I'd imagine deleting the account takes the save data with it

As for your controller issue, I've never heard of anything like that happening, perhaps try with one plugged in and the other not? I'm grasping at straws on that one
 
You're wrong. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NPSAJU/?tag=gtplanet-20


DS2 to DS3 controller converter. Bam. 10 seconds of google. *win face*

Okay.. so use a cheap adapter and have no access to the PS3 overlay, seems legit.

I didn't realise people were determined and cheap enough to get outdated tech to work with other but less outdated tech by using cheap peripherals, I stand corrected.
 
Maybe they prefer the DS2 to the DS3? Maybe they don't want to throw away perfectly working equipment? Maybe they find some amusement in simply being able to?
 
Okay.. so use a cheap adapter and have no access to the PS3 overlay, seems legit.

I didn't realise people were determined and cheap enough to get outdated tech to work with other but less outdated tech by using cheap peripherals, I stand corrected.


I have one of those things, and they work well as a second controller. Saved me 44 bucks! We don't have 2 people playing enough, and all of my friends have PS3s, so I can just do that and be just as well off. And yes, there are some issues. Other than that, it's brilliant
 
I have one of those things, and they work well as a second controller. Saved me 44 bucks! We don't have 2 people playing enough, and all of my friends have PS3s, so I can just do that and be just as well off. And yes, there are some issues. Other than that, it's brilliant

Well then I'm happy for you.

Maybe they prefer the DS2 to the DS3? Maybe they don't want to throw away perfectly working equipment? Maybe they find some amusement in simply being able to?

Maybe you're right, either way it's off topic
 
Ted,

XMB refers to the XrossMediaBar, or in more common terms the Menu. It's just a fancy term for the graphical interface of the PS3.

DS2 refers to the Dualshock controllers, IIRC the number corresponds with the Playstation console version.

I have no idea what to do about your save or the compatability of your controller. If anyone would know, it would be in these forums though. Good luck!
 
Sucks to hear about your game save. Like others have said if your user wasn't completely deleted off your ps3 you should be able to use the backup save on the xmb to restore. I know this is not useful to you now but make sure to back up your game file to a usb stick. This way if it happens again you won't lose out on all the work you've put in.
 
Thanks guys, I'm going to give all this a try here in a bit. I'm pretty sure I have DS3's, they're both identical, so the one I bought separate is just like the one that came with the console.

If I don't find my data, at least I found this forum and now I can start out tuning right and all that too!

'nother thing. I've had the game for a year but I haven't tried to do an online race because I've got DSL internet and I didn't want to botch someone's event. I also never know when I can sit down for any length of regular time to be involved in a league due to my job. Is DSL fast enough to keep up with something like this?

It's gone. Well, I'm off to the tuning threads! Maybe I'll just race with the redbull car and rack up some points really quick!

I got that car pack for my birthday, fortunately he didn't delete the store account!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Okay.. so use a cheap adapter and have no access to the PS3 overlay, seems legit.
The analog button on the DS2 acts as the PS button that brings up the XMB. Also when the PS3 first came out Sony made DS2 adapters.

Anyway, there's no back up folder anywhere on the PS3 system. If you delete your User you lose all saves & trophies if those weren't sync'd to the server. If you delete the save from the "Save Data Utility" it's gone forever. This is why I don't let anyone, kids siblings or parents, touch my PS3 so they don't effe something up.
 
Wish I could reserve this thing for myself, but above and beyond the Save Data Utility, I'm getting a memory stick in order to back it up just in case from now on.

Currently using an Aston Martin against RX-7's in order to get some cash!
 
This has happened to me twice. Very frustrating and hope the seasonals will get you back on track soon.
 
'nother thing. I've had the game for a year but I haven't tried to do an online race because I've got DSL internet and I didn't want to botch someone's event. I also never know when I can sit down for any length of regular time to be involved in a league due to my job. Is DSL fast enough to keep up with something like this?
I had a 3 Mbps download / 756kbps upload DSL connection and was able to race online just fine. If someone else is using your connection while you're racing it could be a problem at those speeds.

Most issues seem to be caused by those using a crappy wireless router. Most wireless routers also have the option to use a wired Ethernet cable to your device. This may be the best option if you find that you are loosing connection while you're racing online.
 
Most issues seem to be caused by those using a crappy wireless router. Most wireless routers also have the option to use a wired Ethernet cable to your device. This may be the best option if you find that you are loosing connection while you're racing online.
Yes, unless you buy a router that's $70+ it'll won't be able to handle gaming well enough.
 
Back