Deleted scenes you wish were in the final cut?

United States
The US of A
I'm sure we all have seen some scenes in our favorite shows or movies that didn't make the cut, but we really wish they did. Well, this is the thread to post about them, so by all means share! :)

If you want discuss scenes you're glad were excluded, go here.

Last edited:
One of the alternate openings of Monsters University. This is where Mike and Sulley were in an elementary school when they were young. Yep, Mike told Sulley that he would've been jealous of Mike's good looks since the fourth grade in Monsters, Inc.

Endgame scenes mostly showing how Gamora walked away near the end because otherwise the fact that the GotG need to go and find her at the end of the movie makes no sense.

Farewell to Jira/The Probe Droid scene in Star Wars Episode I.
I thought it was nice to see Anakin connect with Jira one last time before leaving. Sort of added a bit more emotion to the movie and it actually makes me a little sad it was cut looking at it again.

However, the one I really want to talk about is the part with the Probe Droid. George Lucas says it was cut because they had already established they were being followed by them and didn't feel like it was needed, but I disagree with this. Maybe I am overthinking a little, but this scene may be short, however it provides an explanation for why Qui Gon and Anakin were running back to the ship later, which I think the film needed. We may have seen one of Maul's droids report back to him right before they're seen running, but I still don't think the movie does a good job at establishing what they're running from and leaves a little too much room for the imagination to wonder as to what it could be. I mean it's Tatooine, they could be running from sand people or various other things unrelated to Maul prior to his appearance, it's not unthinkable. It may not be much, but I feel leaving this scene out was a mistake, did more harm than good and should have been in the movie.

On a related note, I find it strange how Lucas thought it wasn't needed since it was already established earlier they were being followed, yet he added that Jabba scene to Episode IV even though Greedo had already established he owed him money previously. I must confess though, I haven't watched either movie in a while and I could be missing something, but I can't help but feel if that scene was included, this one should have been too.

I have more answer. It is a storyboard concept of a season 15 episode of Thomas and Friends called Kevin the Steamie. It is a scene where Peter Sam, Sir Handel, and Duke were originally meant to appear in Steamworks. Yep, Peter Sam and Sir Handel officially reappeared in a Thomas and Friends special called Blue Mountain Mystery, but sadly, Duke didn't. :(

Old Gotama in Dinosaur.

Not just this scene, but theirs an alternate scene and ending that was cut which contained mentions of him, all of which I really wish had made it in the final cut. Judging by the end of this scene, I imagine this is what was intended to play before Aladar decided to go back and find the herd, and compared to what we got in the final, this scene is soooo much better. I love this scene in particular because it's heartfelt, and it explains why they even know about the nesting grounds at all and why they left, something the final never bothered to mention. I don't know why this was cut, but it really is a huge shame it was because it adds some serious depth to the movie, which is something it was sorely lacking, and overall, just gives the journey to the nesting grounds (and perhaps the entire movie) a whole new meaning.

Last edited:
Exiled to Dagobah in Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith.

From what I read, this scene (which I included a timestamp for) was cut so it could focus on Luke and Leia at the end of the movie. However, while it may not be much, I really think it should have been left in. It looks mostly, if not completely, finished and I think it would not have hurt them to have included it. I always thought this scene was pretty cool and my cousin even claims Lucas later said he wished he had left it in. Can't confirm if it's true or not, but one thing for certain, I feel like it should have been.

Last edited:
Alternate ending of Robin Hood(1973).

Yep, it would have been interesting to watch.

Reasons:
  • Prince John could have been a more-threatening and intimidating villain.
  • It would have been awesome for King Richard to save Robin Hood and Maid Marian from Prince John.
  • In this alternate ending, Maid Marian was right that Prince John was not a king.
  • It would make sense for King Richard to angrily call Prince John out for leaving people oppressed, using the crown for his own selfish interests, and his own self-centeredness. Yep, this alternate ending would have presented the truth that self-centeredness can hurt relationships and friendships.
Sadly, this was cut for some reasons, but I wish it wasn't cut. Yep, I hate how Prince John is a cowardly villain in the final version of Robin Hood 1973.

Last edited:
I wish this was in Happy Gilmore, it wouldv'e been nice to people to see the orderly get punished after the way he was treating grandma.

The Organic Decimator scene in the episode "On the Wings of Keeradaks" of Star Wars The Clone Wars.

So this is a scene where Wat Tambor introduces the organic decimator to Anakin and shows what it can do as a means of intimidating him. It was included in the unfinished reel they released back in 2015, but the finished version we got in 2020 excluded it. Some said it was cut for being too violent, and others have said it was due to pacing, but I am not entirely sure why it was cut.

I know one thing for certain, and some may disagree with me here, but I was pretty disappointed to find out that they had removed it. I was really looking forward to seeing it with proper animation and I think it provides some needed context to explain what it does and why they should be afraid of it, something the final failed to do. The whole episode is 2 minutes shorter because of its exclusion and they could have easily left it in without any runtime concerns, it's a shame they didn't.

Last edited:

Would've been early Season 3 by the dialogue. Yes technically a retread of sorts of Tywin's introduction in the series but sometimes the occasional retread works.

Last edited:
Neera Saves The Orphans in Dinosaur.

So this is a scene where Neera discovers the velociraptors are chasing the young orphans, she goes to save them and ends up being attacked by them and later saved by Kron, who scolds her afterward. The reasons I think they should have kept it is because:
1. The velociraptors attacking the young makes sense and seems like a logical thing for them to do.
2. The velociraptors really didn't get enough screen time in the film and after the Carnotaurs were revealed, they were never seen again for some reason. I don't know where in the movie this would have occurred, but I think it would provide a reasonable explanation for why we don't see them anymore after because Kron I think did a pretty decent job at scaring them off.
3. Most importantly, this I think showcases a bit more of Neera and Kron's character and provides a bit more depth to why she turns against him later in the movie.
I don't really understand why this scene was left out, it honestly adds to the film and I don't see much reason to exclude it.

Back