Deleting Custom Decals

• Thread starter BLiTZ
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
Selby
spooned12000rpm
I know some of us touched on this subject in the main thread, but I thought it's worth spinning off on its own to help others.

People have expressed concern that they'll hit the max number of custom decals but are also scared to delete any decals once they've used them for fear that they disappear from the livery. Well after a bit of experimenting here's what I've found so far...

- You can delete a decal from your library after placing it on the car without it disappearing from the design.
- Once deleted the decal on the car then becomes locked for recolouring and flipping/skewing/scaling height/width independently etc (Note the appearance of the same red icons as the standard game decals).
- The custom decals although deleted, still require internet access to appear (I'm assuming they remain on the server but no longer in your profile's library).

All in all, I'm still happy to delete decals once I've used them (especially car specific ones such as driver names), but do remain somewhat concerned that they're not future proof in any way should the severs go down or get switched off. There's a lot of people putting a lot of time and effort into these and unlike PC game skins where you have the files, we're held to ransom by PDI.

So I week ago I found a decal of a smiling cheerful girl to put on car. Nothing obscene. Put it on one car and saved livery. Was going to do a second car yesterday and wanted to use same decal. ??????
This decal is no longer in my library, and I did not delete it.
This decal is no longer in the discovery section... someone pulled it.
This decal will remain on the one car, as long as I do not edit that one livery paint job. When I open that one "Error Decal not found"

A decal I use in one GTS account as my ID-THING, I could not re-find for a second GTS account. So I friend the two accounts then share to my activity, and on second account can add from there to my library. Don't know how long the activity part holds onto stuff, maybe a month or two ?

The finished liveries must be stored locally on the PS4 as well, so even when they turn off the servers, people should have their own liveries... if not those that they'd added to their collections.

It's interesting though, I'm likely to be using a couple of hundred decals just to recreate BMW art cars, because I'll only use them once I can easily delete lots of decals... also, since I'm generating 99% of my own SVG files, I can always re upload them at a later date, then just delete them again once they've been used.

The people that will take a hit will be the people who use a lot of shared stuff, rather than the people who share a lot of stuff.

Hopefully when this inevitably happens PD do something sensible to allow everything to be carried over to the next title.

The finished liveries must be stored locally on the PS4 as well, so even when they turn off the servers, people should have their own liveries... if not those that they'd added to their collections.

It's interesting though, I'm likely to be using a couple of hundred decals just to recreate BMW art cars, because I'll only use them once I can easily delete lots of decals... also, since I'm generating 99% of my own SVG files, I can always re upload them at a later date, then just delete them again once they've been used.

The people that will take a hit will be the people who use a lot of shared stuff, rather than the people who share a lot of stuff.

Hopefully when this inevitably happens PD do something sensible to allow everything to be carried over to the next title.

Presumably, a completed livery is stored locally. I must admit I've not tried driving a car with a livery offline to confirm, but when I tried editing a livery offline it was missing all the custom decals, only standard decals and shapes appeared suggesting that the editable files are stored locally but pull decals from the server (similar to how 3rd party hosting works).

Not sure if it's been tested yet and I missed it. If I've already saved and shared a livery and a decal is deleted/removed, can I make other changes and additions to the livery and still have the deleted decal save on the car?

Not sure if it's been tested yet and I missed it. If I've already saved and shared a livery and a decal is deleted/removed, can I make other changes and additions to the livery and still have the deleted decal save on the car?

In my experience, yes. I've just made some adjustments to my Falken RSR livery (adding a decal and removing some others). The livery still has the driver names on the roof which I've deleted from my library after I initially designed it.

Your liveries will not be applied when driving offline. I guess they are downloaded every time when loading a track :nervous:

yas
Your liveries will not be applied when driving offline. I guess they are downloaded every time when loading a track :nervous:
It explains why they sometimes glitch and only load the base colour and no decals.

Back