Deltawing 2012 vs 2013

• Thread starter M5_dude
  • 6 comments
United States
New Orleans, La.
m3gtrdude
So I am about to buy one of these two as it is one the cars I've had my eyes on since the 1st trailer with the 2012 in it. While I don't like the silver livery of the 2013 the extra power does make intriguing. I know that with a car like that especially given its weight the extra power may actually turn out to be more of a handful than an advantage. Does anyone own both and have a preference to driving one over the other or are they about the same? I would prefer to buy the 2012 but I would like to use this car in the 24 Mins of Le Mans the GT Championship, etc. so if the 2013 is what it will take to cut it I'll get that. Granted I know some may say that I can just tune the 2012 up to the 2013's power but I'm really interested in which one the community thinks drives better.

I don't think you would stand a chance in the 24 minutes of LeMans with the 2012 version. The 2013 version is a lot faster and a few users here have actually reported winning the race with it.

I don't think you would stand a chance in the 24 minutes of LeMans with the 2012 version. The 2013 version is a lot faster and a few users here have actually reported winning the race with it.
I think he would stand a very good chance with either one due to the fact I actually won at LeMans in the 2012 model, :D but I agree that if you want more certainty then go with the 2013 model. 👍

I got the 2012 awhile ago and got about 250 miles on it, mainly having fun/dominating in 550pp-650pp races though. I found it's a bit hard to control going all out against the 720/750pp competitors using a ds3. It's much easier to be upset by an AI bump and harder to race in traffic than other cars. Once you get out front its fun though.

Buy both. 2012 has better handling (for me), and can compete in lower pp races. 2013 is faster on straights but a bit hard in corners and can compete in higher pp races. The only problem is the speed. You have to tune the gear ratio. The Deltawing shines in endurance not in short races. Example. 24min in Nurb. I limit the power of the 2012 to 650pp change the tires to inters, finish the race with half fuel left, tires at 9 and didn't need to pit in the whole race. My biggest gap to the 2nd place is 2:30:xxx. Just buy both you won't regret it.

Last edited:
Back