Demetrius 81 - Photo Gallery (FM4)

8233171501_2487fd2e19_z.jpg

8242665168_1aec8b891e_z.jpg

8216152127_1455432c89_z.jpg

8242755189_9318cdff62_z.jpg

Thanks ripenrun, I can't say I knew what this(Bokeh)was before your post, despite using it in many of my shots, but its good to know that I can now put a name to that particular technique, glad you like them and thanks again.

Most welcome Demetrius :) always look forward to your posts.

I love Bokeh. I started using it years ago when I took a photography course. The out of focus effect is my second favourite, next to Orton.

Boekh+Orton+B&W=awesome..IMHO

I love Bokeh. I started using it years ago when I took a photography course. The out of focus effect is my second favourite, next to Orton.

Boekh+Orton+B&W=awesome..IMHO

Actually, I had never heard of this, but is something that I would definitely like to try. Maybe not in Forza though as this technique would require me to edit the shots.

Are we ever going to see any FM4 shots from yourself?

Actually, I had never heard of this, but is something that I would definitely like to try. Maybe not in Forza though as this technique would require me to edit the shots.

Are we ever going to see any FM4 shots from yourself?

Orton

Rolls Royce?? by saskman_2010, on Flickr

Nothing would give me more pleasure than to show some of mine. Unfortunately when I created an account at Forzamotorsports, I was just changing my gamertag when the phone rang. While I talked I finished entering my name, I didn't check the spelling (I never make mistakes) and hit okay.

Now I have no way of correcting the mistake. I contacted fm to cancel account but to no avail.

It now falls under "s*@t happens. This is my only disappointment in the game. :(

My favourite has to be the second shot for a mix of reasons, but the main one has to be the composition.

I wish i could see your settings one time, just to see if i could reproduce a similar shot, i love taking photos but am not real great. You are excellent and the way you capture smoke makes me jealous. I can get the background washed out, but the car looks way off then, great work.

P.S. You are right about FH, was not my cup of tea either.

Thanks Chad, I can't really help with the settings as I will often take more than one shot of the same scene with slightly different angles and settings and once they are uploaded to flickr I choose my favourites.

The use of smoke is mainly a combination of Exposure, contrast and brightness, but you can also adjust the zoom and position of the camera to move in and out of the smoke to create very different levels of the settings I mentioned.
You can then use the aperture setting to smooth over rough or unwanted areas of the shot, which can also give you some unique effects.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, im not great with explanations, but other forum members are, and have written some in-depth tutorials on how the settings work and the way they affect each other.

thanks again for the comments Chad.

I like the idea behind your latest shot, even if I think it would look better with less exposure.

Cheers Pebb, the bloom was a bit of a risk and was something that I thought about when I took the shot, personally, I think it works with the shot, but everyone will have a different opinion. thanks again for the feedback, always appreciated fella.

Back