Demoted to SR A.

• Thread starter Zenjungian
  • 18 comments
England
England
After a few weeks at SR S, I sudden got demoted to A. Nothing spectacular happened, just a race with a couple of contacts. Do we know how this works? I’m guessing I was close to demotion for a while - is there any way of seeing how close we might be ? I got back to S then got demoted again! Don’t take S for grated folks :-)

I just had possibly the worst race I've ever been in, all were S ranked at the beginning, more than a few red A's at the end and too right as well! Would love to name and shame a few of them but GT planet rules say I can't :banghead:

I'm never taking part in a Gr3 race again, it is the most unbalanced group by far, and the driving standards are by far the worst.

If you start seeing more people from lower ranks join, its a good indicator that you are heading south.
I always thought that was down to the amount of people online but you might have a point. Ive certainly had many races with all S drivers. I will concentrate on getting back to S. It’s pretty heavy even at A level.

When I got on tonight I found that those two horrendous races I was in last night had dropped me back to A. One race tonight and I was back at S, hopefully won't be going back down!

Do the longer races. It helps the sr and you get more points (provided you do well).
Hmm, 10 laps round Dragon today in GT4 was a complete shove-fest with enough negative SR to drop me from B to C. Meanwhile several 4 laps round Alsace in GT3 was much cleaner and got me back up to B.

Even the SR S class it seems as if more punting and ramming is going on lately.

Yes, it comes and goes, sometimes it's mostly clean, other times you get rammed constantly. Longer races tend to be better but even then you get the odd guy hitting you at the first corner as he tries to overtake multiple cars at once.

I have only been racing sport mode on tracks I am comfortable with, that is really helping my SR. Got to S the other night, but I am just a field filler, I always run mid pack, unless it is an oval, all of my 3 wins of my 59 races has been from ovals.....but my 5 or so races in S so far have been great.

Today was a horrible day for everyones SR. Nation cup in Bathurst an manufacturers in Alscase... Didnt help I found a guy who rammed intentionally in my manufacturers.

During a daily race on the Nurburgring GP, I was intentionally pushed off in the Schumacher S by someone, ended up two wheels out of track and losing the car. I t-boned the guy who pushed me, took negative SR and 10 seconds penalty. This was on the last lap, and I dropped from S to A, although I had mostly full clean races for at least a week and a half. Took 3 perfect races to get back to S, and first race I do after that, I get spun first lap, someone else t-bones me, 10 seconds penalty again and this time I get downgraded to SR B. Took 4 or 5 perfect races to get back at S again (which was easy to achieve since the game decided to put me mostly against DS drivers, I'm AS so pretty easy to avoid incidents when your opponents are 8 seconds a lap slower).

I think the game currently hates t-boning incidents.

Do yourselves a favor and stop paying attention to it, it's incredibly easy to get the S rating anyway.

That may be true but when your rating drops and you get into those demolition derbies with the lower ranked drivers, you can't help but to worry about it and trying to improve it as fast as possible. I got my rating to an S a week or so after the game was released and last weekend, it dropped to an A at Nurb GP. Got taken out first corner after qualifying P2. Dropped down to P12 and started working my way up and got stuck behind P9. I've never been braked checked so many times in one race. I probably tapped him like 7 or 8 times in a span of 2 laps. To make matters worse, I got a 10sec. penalty on the last lap, after I made a passing move before the last chicane. P9 turned on me and shoved me off the grass, so for the game, it looked like I cut the corners at the chicane....it was ridiculous. I got so angry, after the race I had to ask the guy if he enjoyed racing like that. Anyway, my next race was with all SR A players and God only knows how much I value my SR S ranking after that experience. I'm used to S drivers bumping, ramming and whatnot but that was.....different :nervous:

I've been at grinding. I've gotten my d back to a b. All due to dirty racing I've encountered. Why is it always a brazilian?(Not being anti Brazilian here but it always is them in every race where they appear)

Got to S quickly awhile back early on in the game because of this one make race that I was really good at. Had a bunch of pole positions and wins and I was surprised that in one session I got it up to S real fast. Took that for granted and my SR dropped back to B after a few bad races. Slowly grinded back to S recently and it looks like its all about having clean runs. In this regard, the one makes are the best to grind to S in my opinion because of the slower cars. Less chances of accidents leading to generally cleaner runs.

I went from A/A to B/D after TWO races. The first race glitched out and sent the guy in front of me flying back before the races even started. I started driving with a 20-second penalty. I Did quit out of the race only to find my SR nuked

Back