Detune HP or add performance parts to reach 450-500pp.

  • Thread starter Thread starter apec
  • 6 comments
  • 1,101 views
Messages
120
Messages
dabroad
Sorry if that's confusing but I'm trying to decide if it's better (faster) to detune or lower hp with hp controller say a Ferrari 458 or Nissan R35 for example, or take say a Lotus or S2000 or similiar And upgrade parts to reach 450 or 500pp?

What's the consensus? With both options, I have adjustable LSD and suspension, so both options the car will have good custom tune.


I am going to test tonight a lot of cars to find the answer. Anyone done this or have the answer already?
 
Last edited:
When you said I am going to test tonight a lot of cars to find the answer. Well that is the best way to do it.
 
When you said I am going to test tonight a lot of cars to find the answer. Well that is the best way to do it.

You sure are correct, but I didn't know if it's maybe public knowledge that one way is usually quicker than the other.

Thank you for your insight.
 
I played this game a lot, a lot. Beat all of the events a-b spec, but that was 2010 before my son was born. I just started playing again this week after 2.5 years break and looking to get caught up.

That's all friend
 
You sure are correct, but I didn't know if it's maybe public knowledge that one way is usually quicker than the other.

Thank you for your insight.

VW Scirocco...


Oh, you mean that one car is faster than itself with different tuning parts?


PP is governed by three things: weight, torque, and HP. If you have significantly high torque, (from modding up and detuning) it will pick up on that.


However, weight doesn't slow cars down (it actually tends to speed FF cars up in some cases) as much as taking away HP and torque. Best bet is to add a bit of ballast.
 
Basically I was trying the first seasonal event, 500pp comfort hard, non racing car. I tried many different cars, 100% upgraded S2000, Scion br-z, but to my surprise, quickest car I have was detuned Nissan R35 Academy Version. I was very surprised. How about you guys?

What been your best car in an event where it's a low PP.
A much higher PP car detuned, or building a car up like a NSX or something similiar?
 
Sorry if that's confusing but I'm trying to decide if it's better (faster) to detune or lower hp with hp controller say a Ferrari 458 or Nissan R35 for example, or take say a Lotus or S2000 or similiar And upgrade parts to reach 450 or 500pp?

What's the consensus? With both options, I have adjustable LSD and suspension, so both options the car will have good custom tune.

I am going to test tonight a lot of cars to find the answer. Anyone done this or have the answer already?

When it comes to an individual car, uptuning is always more efficient than down tuning once you've flattened out the power curve in the usable power range. For example, you might tune a stock 490PP car up to 510PP then use the power limiter to reduce to 500PP and flatten the power curve in the upper rev range. That's your best setup. Taking the same car, tuning it up to 550PP and downtuning with power limiter to 500PP will always produce a lower HP figure and generally a slower car.

Whether one car uptuned to a given PP vs. another car downtuned to that given PP is faster or slower, is a function of the car itself, not the process of downtuning.
 
Back