Detuning for more money?

United States
Missouri
Rusk8894
I have recently been trying to detune cars and win more money on races, but not having a whole lot of luck. I've been trying to do what a see a lot of other people are saying they're doing on here, but not coming close to first at times, I dunno if I just need a lot of pratice or what. Any tips or suggestions?

Sounds like you just need "a lot of practice" and perhaps need to use the/a right car.

I haven't done this particular race, although I probably will just for the heck of it, but I regularly detune cars in other Seasonals competing to reach the lowest PP and still win the race. I prefer racing cars with lower hp than racing cars have.

Basically detuning involves raising the weight, often up to 200kg and/or reducing the bhp, sometimes all the way back to 50% power.

Using the car best able to be seriously detuned is also important and I always check what others are using and their overall tunes for it.

After that it's up to your driving ability alone. Good luck.

PS, The thread 'Most Money Quickly', down the page a bit has heaps of info on this subject.

Firstly I'd pick a Car and event I really like.

I had a soft spot for the FR challenge in a Toyota 86GT (Other FR vehicles are available)

It was pretty easy to win the event stock. But then it was limbo racing for me. Adding weight and restricting the engine lowered the potential of the car, which meant I had to find more as a driver.

I ran the Mt Aso track so it was a learning thing. Looking at the track and working out just where I HAD to be fast. The first corner was critical but the following long up hill section would make or break a lap. The Blind crest into a right hander through the first checkpoint.

And it is much more fun to do these events in a car that is closer to the pace of the leaders.

After you have done a single track/car for a number of times go back to your original Full Fat settings, Full Power and No Ballast... and see how much faster you are than your original time. Just from learning the most efficient lines for each corner, Often it is best to sacrifice one corner so you can give it the beans in the next.

Good luck

Choose tracks that have shortcuts, nurnburgring, monza etc. As Dalone said , its all in the thread he mentioned

It's all a matter of picking the best car for the PP class (and restrictions) that you're up against. Since PP is for some reason unaffected by gear ratios/suspension/etc, it's probably a good idea to do some extensive tuning to get your car round corners as quickly as possible.
Also, unless you're getting a lot of oversteer and/or major stability issues, you don't need rear downforce. Drop it to the lowest level (and increase front downforce if possible). It's not much, but it will reduce your PP by a few points (or by a LOT of points, depending on the car in question)

I've been working on it more and more progressively when I'm not working. Right now I've found the NASCAR race at monza to be one of the easiest ways to make fast cash. I'm still working out the kinks on other races. I want to be able to straight up win a race without cutting corners and taking shortcuts with a lower pp than the competition.

I've been working on it more and more progressively when I'm not working. Right now I've found the NASCAR race at monza to be one of the easiest ways to make fast cash. I'm still working out the kinks on other races. I want to be able to straight up win a race without cutting corners and taking shortcuts with a lower pp than the competition.

If you have the money (and the luck to see it in the UCD), you can use the Chaparral 2J - it has a fairly low PP for the performance it offers.

Yea I'm working on winning the 2j with the seasonal that's out. Only problem is I work a lot haha. So I'm doing it race by race. I think I have one more race to go. Hopefully I get time to knock it out after work.

You definitely sound like you need more practice. But you are getting great advice here already. First if I were you I would practice on the Cape Ring Periphery in FF series. I've actually gone as low as 329PP in my Ford Ka. It took me 3 or 4 tries but I made it. The biggest trick is to learn the fastest you can possibly go in each corner. Truthfully just practice as much as you can, there's no better advice anyone can give you.

EDIT: remember lighter is better, it's not just about HP

You definitely sound like you need more practice. But you are getting great advice here already. First if I were you I would practice on the Cape Ring Periphery in FF series. I've actually gone as low as 329PP in my Ford Ka. It took me 3 or 4 tries but I made it. The biggest trick is to learn the fastest you can possibly go in each corner. Truthfully just practice as much as you can, there's no better advice anyone can give you.

EDIT: remember lighter is better, it's not just about HP

Agree with RSFreak about weight.

Sometimes you will have to heavily load up to lower the pp however it's usually best to load up as the last resort.
Of course it's not always a bad thing to carry a little weight as shifting the weight position, front to back etc, can also help in some cars.

For me though I try and keep the car as light as possible and it is surprising sometimes how fast a lower hp (with a low weight) can be.

Back