devils rejects

  • Thread starter Thread starter ctown_racer
  • 19 comments
  • 807 views
Messages
63
is anyone a fan of rob zombie's house of 1000 corpses, or devils rejects? both movies to me are very good considering they are zombies first and second respectively. although the first was admitedly by zombie a direct ripoff of texas chainsaw, it was still quite great. the second was alot more polished and gory. can't wait for his next project.
 
Chris Gore (filmthreat.com) really liked it. He said that even though Rob Zombie had a smaller budget for this film than House of 1000 Corpses, it was by far a much better movie. I'll have to check it out.
 
Integra Type R
Chris Gore (filmthreat.com) really liked it. He said that even though Rob Zombie had a smaller budget for this film than House of 1000 Corpses, it was by far a much better movie. I'll have to check it out.
I wasn't impressed by either one at all. They don't look that bad in comparison to other horror films, but that's because horror genre is pretty much filled with garbage. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge horror movie fan. Both the "House of" and "Devil's Rejects" has very weak acting(even by horror flick standards), annoyingly predictable plot. Basically, they offer nothing we haven't seen before. Only exception being the end of the "Devil's Rejects". Spoiler Alert! I didn't think they'll kill off the bad guys, and that's the only part I liked.
 
I've only watched "House". It was the most putrescent, asinine, disjointed, amateurish and craptacular film I've ever watched. Poorly directed, poorly acted and poorly edited. It was funny, though. 👍
 
Hmmm....I've been curious about this movie. Is it out to rent yet?
 
BlackZ28
Hmmm....I've been curious about this movie. Is it out to rent yet?
They are both available for rent. Unless you are horror freak(like me), I suggest passing these two for many reasons. :D
 
Saw devils rejects in the cinema a while back, was a great film. Realy good film if you like that kind of stuff,
 
a6m5
I wasn't impressed by either one at all. They don't look that bad in comparison to other horror films, but that's because horror genre is pretty much filled with garbage. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge horror movie fan. Both the "House of" and "Devil's Rejects" has very weak acting(even by horror flick standards), annoyingly predictable plot. Basically, they offer nothing we haven't seen before. Only exception being the end of the "Devil's Rejects". Spoiler Alert! I didn't think they'll kill off the bad guys, and that's the only part I liked.

House was definitely the weaker of the two, but it still had it's great scenes. Rejects was a total throwback to the gory '70s movies. the fact that zombie had you feeling sympathy for the rejects, and dare say liking them by the end, was a feat in itself. By the end of the movie i was definitely rooting for the villians. There was no crazy twist but just a old fahioned blood fest. Take it for what it is. The horror movies today are unwatchable so these movies are refreshing. acting was subpar but the one liners were pretty good. There wont be any oscars coming this way but definitely worth a rent. True horror fans should appreciate these movies.
 
ctown_racer
House was definitely the weaker of the two, but it still had it's great scenes. Rejects was a total throwback to the gory '70s movies. the fact that zombie had you feeling sympathy for the rejects, and dare say liking them by the end, was a feat in itself. By the end of the movie i was definitely rooting for the villians. There was no crazy twist but just a old fahioned blood fest. Take it for what it is. The horror movies today are unwatchable so these movies are refreshing. acting was subpar but the one liners were pretty good. There wont be any oscars coming this way but definitely worth a rent. True horror fans should appreciate these movies.
Yeah, I suppose you are right. As I said, I didn't care for it, but if you are a horror movie fan, it's probably at least worth renting.
 
I didn't almost like the bad guys at all. The woman (Rob Zombie's wife) was the most annoying villain I think I've ever seen next to that guy with the long grey hair she was with, and Captain Spaulding wasn't any better. I was waiting for them to die, and felt the end was cheap because they didn't show the deaths graphically enough.

If you want someone to like your villain, you've got to hire an actor with some chops. Think Jack Nicholson in Batman or Danny DeVito in Batman Returns.
 
Anderton Prime
I didn't almost like the bad guys at all. The woman (Rob Zombie's wife) was the most annoying villain I think I've ever seen next to that guy with the long grey hair she was with, and Captain Spaulding wasn't any better. I was waiting for them to die, and felt the end was cheap because they didn't show the deaths graphically enough.

If you want someone to like your villain, you've got to hire an actor with some chops. Think Jack Nicholson in Batman or Danny DeVito in Batman Returns.
I agree 100%. Like I said, the only thing I liked in these two flicks were how they concluded the second one.
 
a6m5
They are both available for rent. Unless you are horror freak(like me), I suggest passing these two for many reasons. :D
I certainly like horror movies, didnt know you were a fan! :D
Have you seen that French film...its called....damn I forgot..
....I'll think of the name and get back to you lol

edit:
High Tension!11
 
BlackZ28
I certainly like horror movies, didnt know you were a fan! :D
Have you seen that French film...its called....damn I forgot..
....I'll think of the name and get back to you lol

edit:
High Tension!11
"High Tension" is French? I came close to renting that one couple of times. I'll try to rent it this week. :)
 
a6m5
"High Tension" is French? I came close to renting that one couple of times. I'll try to rent it this week. :)
Yea! check it out..let me know what you think. 👍
It wasnt the best, but the end definitely made up for its short-comings, rental worthy. :)
 
Are you serious? I thought the ending of High Tension totally ruined the entire movie, since it made most of the scenes not make sense at all, and the "tension" that was created ended up being fake. It felt like they put that ending in there just for the sake of having a twist ending.
 
hahaha.. yea, I too, had a few questions when it was revealed, but I figured I was lookin' into it too much. But I didnt see it coming. :D
I cant remember the last great scary movie I saw, they're hard to come by..besides saw & saw 2.
 
Wasn't there 2 different versions of house of 1000 corpses, also i want to see Devils Rejects.
 
High tension was another pretty good movie. The ending really changed my opinion though. They didn't need to throw that twist in there because it would have worked staight forward. The gore was unmatched in any recent movie. The musical score set the mood quite well also.

What are some of eveyone's favorite horror flicks?
 
ctown_racer
What are some of eveyone's favorite horror flicks?

You could probably open a whole new thread about this subject, as this thread is supposed to be mainly about The Devil's Rejects. But use the SEARCH function to first check if there are any other threads about it. I suggest entering the keywords "favorite" and "horror."

I'd do it for you, but then you'd never learn, and you'd get a stern talking-to from the moderators...
 
Back