Devs: Please fix these simple but annoying qualifying bugs!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter nuu1212
  • 8 comments
  • 1,010 views

nuu1212

(Banned)
Messages
282
Germany
Germany
When qualifying with the ghost on and getting a penalty on a lap the following happens

NOW:
1. A lap with penalty does count if the lap before was ok
2. The lap AFTER the lap with penalty does not count! (is displayed in red)
3. After a fast lap with penalty, the ghost is not in sync/accord with the time delta ahead/behind displayed in the HUD.
(It looks like the ghost is using the lap with the penalty, while the timing is not, or the other way round.)
4. loading a ghost and driving a fast(er) lap results in the presence of two ghosts

SHOULD BE:
1. A lap with a penalty should probably not count (maybe count as total time + penalty.)
2. The lap AFTER that should not be affected AT ALL.
3. The ghost and the delta time displayed MUTS ALWAYS refer to the same hotlap.
4. The ghost should always be the fastest lap
 
Last edited:
What if I cut a corner to gain an unfair high speed across the start finish line. My lap should still count? That's why crossing the line with a penalty disqualifies the upcoming lap.
 
I’m with you on the next lap being okay. I mean GT5 had this figured out, why doesn’t it work normally in GTS??

@vvise if you cut a corner that could give you an advantage for the next lap, you get the next lap invalidated as well as the current one, just like in GT5??
 
What if I cut a corner to gain an unfair high speed across the start finish line. My lap should still count? That's why crossing the line with a penalty disqualifies the upcoming lap.
I’m with you on the next lap being okay. I mean GT5 had this figured out, why doesn’t it work normally in GTS??

@vvise if you cut a corner that could give you an advantage for the next lap, you get the next lap invalidated as well as the current one, just like in GT5??
I think you guys are on the same page :D
And I agree
 
I think you guys are on the same page :D
And I agree
Not really, because as of now the game doesn’t give a rat’s ass if I get an advantage for the next lap. It dq the next lap automatically.
 
Not really, because as of now the game doesn’t give a rat’s ass if I get an advantage for the next lap. It dq the next lap automatically.
Personnaly I rather get that than nothing and people using unfair advantage to start a lap. With chicane cutter in Barcelona I have no doubt it would happen.
 
Get the principal problem, but ability to exploit it seems a bit far fetched. Does cutting last corner really increase final speed?
Maybe.
Simple Solution: Penalty in Qualifying has to slow you down immediately. (is auto-served)

My real anger is caused by the unbelievably stupid ghost vs fastest lap vs session lap confusion.
Anybody getting the flawed logic of that???
 
Last edited by a moderator:
There are plenty of tracks where cutting the last corner will give you a faster speed across the start/finish line which will give you an advantage on the next lap, so they've got to stop that. They could make it so it's only the last corner or two that invalidates the next lap but that would complicate things and knowing PD they'd probably get it wrong and leave room for exploits.
Also I'm pretty sure it doesn't ignore penalties during a lap. If it did everyone would be cutting corners to get better qualifying laps.
The solution is to serve penalties when you get them and don't cross the line with an unserved penalty. The only problem with that is if you get a penalty on the last corner of some tracks it doesn't show up until you've started your next lap. Red Bull Ring is particularly annoying for this.

The two ghosts thing is a bit mad but it can be useful. If you've set a benchmark time in one car and are trying out another car you can see where you are relative to the benchmark and your best lap in the new car.
 
@Lord Protector you're agreeing with me. DQ'ing the next lap is inconvenient but important.

Here's an example of how you would exploit it. Assuming the track limits worked correctly and assigned a penalty here, you'd still be able to use the lap.
 
Back