DFGT 1:1 with onscreen

  • Thread starter Thread starter UN_OC
  • 12 comments
  • 1,339 views
Messages
116
One thing that has been bothering me since I got a DFGT.

Is there any way to set it so that if you turn the wheel 90 degrees onscreen it also moves 90 degrees. Currently it's quite anoying having driven cars myself to be moving the wheel 180 just to get to normal lock.

thanks
 
One thing that has been bothering me since I got a DFGT.

Is there any way to set it so that if you turn the wheel 90 degrees onscreen it also moves 90 degrees. Currently it's quite anoying having driven cars myself to be moving the wheel 180 just to get to normal lock.

thanks

Nope pretty sure there is no way to do that. Strange as it's the official GT5 wheel. You could always glue it to the screen for added realism or close your eyes. Good luck ;)
 
THat's a bastard.. oh well thanks all


It looks like official wheel of the game is nothing more than thurstmaster having a ferrari or porsche wheel. You just stick the logo on, add a few buttons and you've got the official wheel. Shame
 
I have a DFGT and dont see your problem? The wheel revolves 900° just like in real life, I myself never go past 180° usually, and I can do that without taking my hands off of the wheel whilst turning ... Stop being lazy and steer properly!
 
I have a G27 and like you it doesn't have 1:1. It's the same for any wheel, even the Thrustmaster, which I've driven with.

Kaz and company decided against 1:1 wheel animation because having 900 degrees of freedom made the animations really funky.
Sorry I can't cite that with a link but I'm 99% that's what the reasoning was.

Don't fret, I never thought it was a big deal and just another one of GT's endearing nuances.
 
ya, cant help but notice that in cockpit view, it does make it look more unrealistic and disconnected. The animations making uturns at 90 degrees while youre turning it all the way.

I thought thats really lazy of PD not to fix that.
 
It's those darn hands that they insist on having in the cockpit view, they didn't want to animate them moving off the wheel to turn more than 270 degrees or so.

Look at racing games, the only ones that animate 1:1 wheel rotation are the ones that don't have a driver's hands in the way.
 
Yeah it's a shame it doesn't have those 1:1 animations...
But I remember watching some GT5:P video a few years a go and it did have 1:1 animation... It looked a bit weird though.
 
I have a G27 and like you it doesn't have 1:1. It's the same for any wheel, even the Thrustmaster, which I've driven with.

Kaz and company decided against 1:1 wheel animation because having 900 degrees of freedom made the animations really funky.
Sorry I can't cite that with a link but I'm 99% that's what the reasoning was.

Don't fret, I never thought it was a big deal and just another one of GT's endearing nuances.

👍 Even if the animation stop at 90 degrees, tires continue to turn if you go over 90 degrees. Is just a matter of animation.
 
It's the main reason I don't use cockpit view. I find having another pair of hands in front of me (that aren't even doing the same movement as me) really distracting. I'd definitely use the cockpit more if the hands could be removed.
 
Back